The postal strike and delivery of FM2010

Does anyone know if TheHut.com uses the Royal Mail for the delivery of their products.

I pre-ordered FM2010 from them as they are so much cheaper but obviously I am now worried that Royal Mail strikes will prevent me from receiving it on the 30th.

If anyone knows something, please let me/us know.

Thank you.

Arnold

My Dad is a postman, I asked him what would happen regarding a strike.

They strike on the 22nd, and for every day they strike, it takes around 5 days to clear the backlog, so assuming they only strike on the 22nd, there should be no issue with delivery.

Bloody postmen! ;)

I queried this with Zaavi asking if the game would be posted a day or two early to allow for delays, and got this reply:-

"I'm sorry but we wont be getting the stock in until a few days prior to the release date and in this instance the estimated date of dispatch is also the 30/10/09.

Postal strikes actually began on Friday 09/10/09 and this may cause delays in delivery

Delivery is usually 3-5 working days but we do ask that you allow a total of 10 working days before contacting us to advise if this hasn't been received.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused."

make of that what you will!

I queried this with Zaavi asking if the game would be posted a day or two early to allow for delays, and got this reply:-

"I'm sorry but we wont be getting the stock in until a few days prior to the release date and in this instance the estimated date of dispatch is also the 30/10/09.

Postal strikes actually began on Friday 09/10/09 and this may cause delays in delivery

Delivery is usually 3-5 working days but we do ask that you allow a total of 10 working days before contacting us to advise if this hasn't been received.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused."

make of that what you will!

their covering their backsides!

i would imagine that the stock gets in on the monday prior to release and they'll post it soon after. unless zavvi are completely different to play.com.

if i pre order from play.com they sometimes get the itme to me a day early.

their covering their backsides!
exactly! :D
i would imagine that the stock gets in on the monday prior to release and they'll post it soon after. unless zavvi are completely different to play.com.

if i pre order from play.com they sometimes get the itme to me a day early.

I would say most retailers would chuck out any/all pre-orders of games a.s.a.p. when the stock arrives, given the pending postal strike....

I'm also a postie and have been for 12 years now.

If the game is delayed in the post you always have the demo still to play don't you? ;)

If desperation sets in you can either buy from a shop or use a different online retailer who offer an alternative courier. ShopTo for instance are using UK Mail for a extra £1.99 next day delivery during the strikes. I believe someone else is doing the same as well?

For me, I pre ordered from Zavvi the £17.99 was a steal. If it comes on time then great if not, oh well.

But doesn't royal mail millions of items still undelivered from all the other little strikes that they already had? Otherwise it is going to take weeks to clear.

Depends where you live as the strikes were local.

I don't think there's much , if any at all, back log in Croydon sorting and delivery offices as I dont believe they were on strike

I've decided I'm going to get it from a shop on release day more than likely, had problems with FIFA and post is still taking 8 - 10 days to arrive after having been sent via first class, isn't worth the hassle I'd rather royal mail killed itself off without affecting service lol.

I've decided I'm going to get it from a shop on release day more than likely, had problems with FIFA and post is still taking 8 - 10 days to arrive after having been sent via first class, isn't worth the hassle I'd rather royal mail killed itself off without affecting service lol.

Royal mail will never die because no one else would accept the deliver anywhere for one price rule. The government will keep bailing them out.

Royal mail will never die because no one else would accept the deliver anywhere for one price rule. The government will keep bailing them out.

I'm fairly sure miners felt the same way back in the day of their regular strikes. Even if there is continued bail outs, companies will eventually just move outright away from using royal mail if its causing as many problems as it has recently. If there's not enough business then there will be more eventual lay-offs.

I mean shopto have already began offering alternatives for some products because of postal strikes, other companies will do the same and if theres too much of it eventually they'll stop using them altogether.

I'm fairly sure miners felt the same way back in the day of their regular strikes. Even if there is continued bail outs, companies will eventually just move outright away from using royal mail if its causing as many problems as it has recently. If there's not enough business then there will be more eventual lay-offs.

I mean shopto have already began offering alternatives for some products because of postal strikes, other companies will do the same and if theres too much of it eventually they'll stop using them altogether.

Blame the company not the posties. Nice pay rises and bonuses for managers and up but posties told no payrise? Would YOU accept that in YOUR job?

I have the feeling RM will start to seriously discuss now anyway and for the strike to be cancelled (probably at the last minute).

I haven't touched upon the rights or wrongs of whats going on, but merely touched upon some pretty inevitable consequences at the end of the day. These same people you're striking against also know the same as what you know and that its unlikely to go to the wall, and when there is less to be delivered, it won't be them who goes first, it'll be the posties who will have less in their bags as rounds become merged etc.

I do feel sorry for postmen in some regards, I mean where I used to live, I'd be getting in from overtime at like 6am and he'd just be starting his round near to where I lived and then once I'd been bed got up and was walking back into town at 4pm the bloke would still be out on his bike delivering post.

Ultimately, none of that is what matters the more striking you as a group elect to do, the more other companies move away from Royal Mail, and then the managers begin to axe some jobs.

Archived