3D Game - PRO'S vs. CON's

Here are some of my pro's:

After seeing videos on Youtube specially the 9:27 long video, I was like wow things really improved.

The match looks more fluent, first of all, great improvement Sega!

The crowd is not great in detail, BUT I noticed a lot of thought compared to CM 10. The crowd is devided into Away and Home Section and people actually jump and celebrate goals. Home Crowds jumps when Home Team scores, and Away Team stays seated. And the other way around, I really like that. Also when the stadium is not sold out the it looks realistic compared to the FIFA MANAGER series or CM.

The field looks a lot better, also the stadium's have more detail.

My personal opinion, I like to see crowd interact in the game and this was a huge improvment it will make that game alot better to me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Con's are even though the game is pretty fluent, sometimes some moves don't seem very real, in the next years im sure it will change.

Also in the crowd a home section would be cool like some stands are empty but one section is always full like the hardcore fan section (ULTRAS).

I also miss some chants.

All in all im more than excited to play FM 10 this year. Last year I played FIFA Manager 09 and FM 09 I liked the FM 09 game already more but the crowd was missing. Fifa's crowd was really really crappy. This year I won't even consider buying any other manager game!

FM 10 you won my heart!

Other opinions welcome!

I understand where you are coming from mate. The 3D engine has been enhanced and looks more fluid. I looked at the the videos the other day and I have to disagree when you mention players moves don't seem very real. If you look at the first video the first goal scored had fantastic technique from the winger who assisted the goal. That is the first time I have seen it in manager and I am delighted. Yes it isn't much but at least SI are showing signs of commitment and hard work. They have improved and every new release of manager will be better. You just can't jump over two hurdles at a time, you have got to take it step by step and I believe that is the way SI are marching on at the moment.

The crowd may not have chants but I'm sure in future versions you will see lots of changes. With that said, the crowd added gives you a feel of reality and let me tell you mate it is not as easy as it looks.

Overall, I am quite pleased with the progress mate even before the release and to be honest I don't think I have ever felt this way before a manager release.

Oh and FIFA10 is freaking amazing. You have got to try it Terpentin!

they will be add-ons that people will put to make the 3D engine to even improve don't forget

last year people made the stadium more real put styles ,people made new sound chants ect ,you could change the ball to a different colour ect

I wouldn't say that it is amazing but the 3d is great to me. The only thing that i find it abit of a con is that the wingers don't take on the defenders instead they seem to always pass the ball back. Maybe it was me but everytime the winger goes 1 on 1 with a defender, i expect him to take the defender on or at least try to. Other than that i feel that the 3d engine has massively improved and with addons and patches it is going to get alot better.

There's only 1 game and that is FM.

I think it's 100% unnecessary. I would prefer if they fixed the commentary instead. it's much faster.

also I second that FIFA 10 is amazing.

It isn't unnecessary when there's a good chance a large percentage of users have been asking for 3D for years. Fortunately (or unfortunately in your case) SI do market research and see what the users of FM want. 3D is in FM because it's wanted. Simples

It isn't unnecessary when there's a good chance a large percentage of users have been asking for 3D for years. Fortunately (or unfortunately in your case) SI do market research and see what the users of FM want. 3D is in FM because it's wanted. Simples

for my use it's unecessary. but I completely agree that it should be there due to everyone wanting it. all I'm saying is that they should fix up the commentary, because it sucks. which is sad, because I prefer it - but I'm forced to watch 2D or 3D.

I switch back and forth depending on my needs as "the manager." If my team is rolling through the competition and I don't have to do too much but insert substitutes, I simply watch it in 3d, as I am in 'fan mode' then. However, when my team is struggling and I need a better view of tactics, etc. I watch it in 2d so I can see it from overhead. To say that one is better than the other probably misses what most coaches like to do...watch it from above when you need to look at tactics and watch it from the field when you need to see the speed (pace for you Britons) of the game. I have been coaching for years and I switch my views in real life all the time.

I loved the 3D on FM09

I'm still waiting to see it on FM10 (49%), but I'm expecting it to be excellent and 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 times better than watching dots run around a screen (which was good up to FM08 but is in no way even close to the 3D)

Archived