Playing saved games through steam

I think Steam has been experimenting with some games to synchronize saves to the server (can't remember which off-hand), but for almost all you have to manually transfer your save files. I think this is an area that Steam will definitely be working to develop with game publishers in the future. It would be great to simply load up an FM save from my home computer while I'm travelling on my laptop.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=953085

I think Steam has been experimenting with some games to synchronize saves to the server (can't remember which off-hand), but for almost all you have to manually transfer your save files. I think this is an area that Steam will definitely be working to develop with game publishers in the future. It would be great to simply load up an FM save from my home computer while I'm travelling on my laptop.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=953085

Exactly. Would be brilliant to be able to do this one day with FM.

some games already use steam cloud , for saving settings and save files , however in FM its complicated due to the huge file size that save games have , unless you compress them to shorter size .

my un-compressed save has 600mb with todays connections uploading this to steam cloud would take a while .

it would be nice to have such a feature because i have my desktop and laptop and i am forced to carry a pendrive to transport my save games .

to make it work SI must reduce save file size or force it to be compressed to make use of such a feature

some games already use steam cloud , for saving settings and save files , however in FM its complicated due to the huge file size that save games have , unless you compress them to shorter size .

my un-compressed save has 600mb with todays connections uploading this to steam cloud would take a while .

it would be nice to have such a feature because i have my desktop and laptop and i am forced to carry a pendrive to transport my save games .

to make it work SI must reduce save file size or force it to be compressed to make use of such a feature

Save games are already compressed?

I think there is a tick box in preferences and its ticked by default?(not at FM atm)

Archived