Please improve the preseason friendlies in FM2010

This has been annoying for years.

At preseason when you or your assistant arranges a round of friendlies and tours and a few days later someone cancels and a whole tour falls apart.

Would be extremely useful also to choose a date yourself and have a "let assistant choose opponent" option. I'm tired of rejected friendlies (for no reason given either) and it takes a day for them to respond. Even though it says available on the day, they could still reject your offer and you dont really know the criteria or who really is avaiable for a friendly that day. Having your assistant choose an available opponent based on criteria such as league/country would take the grief out of arranging friendlies yourself.

I suppose thats a good idea, I only add teams that are local to me such as Bristol Rovers and Bristol Manor Farm. If they reject then i just choose any old random team and if you offer them enough money 9 times out of 10 they'll accept but I can see where your going with this and would make it much easier. :thup::thup::thup:

Well you CAN arrange the friendlies yourself. Just click on any preseason date in your fixture list and you'll have the option to arrange a friendly. I know it's a bit hit or miss whether the team will agree to it or not, but more often than not, they don't want a friendly because it's too close to a fixture they already have. I've had no gripes with this so far...

I made a thread about something related to this. Arranging friendlies for the reserves and under-18's when they have no league matches is extremely tedious each season. When the Assistant Manager could simply be instructed to arrange them himself.

The reserves need to be playing every week, especially if you use the option of making first team players who are coming back from injury or in need of match fitness, available for the reserves. Otherwise they take ages in returning to match fitness because there are so few matches.

It really is something that needs to be done. FM requires so many clicks these days.....

Archived