FM 2010 being shipped today?

No, email from Amazon clearly states Football Manager 2010 for PC/MAC shipped today. It is from a third party seller, Direct Consoles, but they claim to have sent it.

Which is exactly why you should ask them what's going on, since the game hasn't gone gold, so it's impossible for any store to have a copy as quite simply none has been produced yet :)

I ordered from Zavvi and it says "processing" just now????

Strange when you consider its still 2 weeks away from release.

yeah it says processing for ages till it comes out :) dont worry mines been like that ever since i pre-ordered it :) the next status it should have is shipped i think not sure as its my first time using it :O

yeah it says processing for ages till it comes out :) dont worry mines been like that ever since i pre-ordered it :) the next status it should have is shipped i think not sure as its my first time using it :O

I didnt even notice if it said "pre-order" when I first ordered it :D

Never used it before this.

No, email from Amazon clearly states Football Manager 2010 for PC/MAC shipped today. It is from a third party seller, Direct Consoles, but they claim to have sent it.

Amazon would not need to use a third party seller for this item it would be dispatched direct from them, also who are Direct Consoles and why can you not buy direct from them as there name would suggest (Could not find any record of them on Google). Are you trying to stir something up with this thread ???? :D

Amazon would not need to use a third party seller for this item it would be dispatched direct from them, also who are Direct Consoles and why can you not buy direct from them as there name would suggest (Could not find any record of them on Google). Are you trying to stir something up with this thread ???? :D

No. I am quite willing to forward the email to SI Games if they want me to. As I said it was a complete surprise to me and I came on here to see if the release date had been moved forward.

I think its worth waiting until such a point where the game has arrived on your doorstep before anything is done. Its certainly an interesting situation seeing as (As far as I was aware) the game hasn't gone gold yet.

No. I am quite willing to forward the email to SI Games if they want me to. As I said it was a complete surprise to me and I came on here to see if the release date had been moved forward.

Just joking around with you, it does seem quite odd though if it is a third party they might be trying to bank your money early for cash flow reasons, if a large amount of people have pre ordered through them it is potentially a vast amount of money, pretty sure that type of practice is not permitted though until they actually have the stock.

Do you think they are sending it early because of the postal strike coming soon.

By sending it early they would be in breach of the contract with SI and SEGA and potentially fined or refused further stocks regardless of a postal strike.

Besides that it still has not gone gold.

Every year the release is botched somehow, whether it's WSM not being available for download until one week after it was supposed to be released, or the game being released too early in stores, or activation issues, etc., etc., etc.

If Amazon has sent out a false shipment notice or has somehow gotten the manufactured discs and has started shipping too early, I won't be surprised. We're due for this year's blunder.

Every year the release is botched somehow, whether it's WSM not being available for download until one week after it was supposed to be released, or the game being released too early in stores, or activation issues, etc., etc., etc.

If Amazon has sent out a false shipment notice or has somehow gotten the manufactured discs and has started shipping too early, I won't be surprised. We're due for this year's blunder.

shaddup ya face

I'd come back with some cutting remark...but it rings of too much truth. I remember that WSM incident...god that was frustrating. Was that '08 or '07?

The game has gone gold/the demo is finished, it's just a matter of when the sites finalize uploading it/they get the OK to post it from SI.

for me, the game has gone gold and the demo is ready... ;) maybe, the testers have to test the demo...

Game has gone gold according to a Beglian game journalist; he received his "journalist-preview-code" and is no longer obliged to put 'work in progress' on screenshots he puts online.

According to him, receiving this preview-code means that the game is gold and that the demo is being built/uploaded

I could give you a link but I doubt most of will be able to read dutch :D

please note the emphasis on according

Most of the time this guy is pretty much spot on however.

Patience is bliss!

Archived