Anyone still playing older versions of FM?

Judging from the discussion, it seems most people here are playing FM09, and will switch to FM10 as soon as possible. I usually only buy old games, since they are cheaper and have lesser system requirements. So I bought FM06 a few months ago, and really like it. I don´t think I will upgrade to a newer version in the next couple of years at least, and would then prefer to jump several versions ahead directly to get more major improvements. :o

Anyone else sticking around with an obsolete version of FM? :D

I'm playing CM01/02 (Not FM i know but hey) waiting for FM10 !

Oh, the old Championship Powerpoint Manager games! :p When I bought CM 00/01, and realised that the actual match engine consisted only of text commentary I was about to throw the damned game out of the window! :mad: How the heck are you suppose to manage a team and analyse a game from some text messages? :eek:

Luckily, even my obsolete FM06 has a 2D match engine which is decent enoug to actually enjoy the game now...

Since August, I've gone from FM09 to FM08 and loved it (but feared regens and grey teams a bit), then back to FM09 after Mr Evo swayed me by telling me he was enjoying it :p , then to FM07 (3 times) but couldn't get into it due to the lack of depth which 08 and 09 has. Now I'm with 08 - top match engine, and it was the first FM to keep me hooked for more than 2 seasons when I first played it.

I was checking a thread on FM08 regens on another forum (which included screenshots) and they're not as bad as I feared. So it's just grey teams to get past now, and I actually managed it against Slough - 2-1. :D

I was checking a thread on FM08 regens on another forum (which included screenshots) and they're not as bad as I feared. So it's just grey teams to get past now, and I actually managed it against Slough - 2-1. :D

This is worth a read. Physical attributes and set pieces were the two big issues from what I remember.

This is worth a read. Physical attributes and set pieces were the two big issues from what I remember.

Thanks for that. :thup:

From what I saw with the regens on the other forum, they had some decent physical attributes (around 14-15) so I'm guessing they were rare occurrances.

Edit: FM10's coming out soon anyway so none of this really matters in the slightest. :p

Double Edit: Ooh, I just beat another grey team. I'm on a roll! :D

Archived