scouting in sub conference leagues?

I'm really taken with the idea of setting up leagues that are lower than the conference, and I think it will be great to finally utilise the multitude of players that are available in the database, but aren't even good enough at conference level.

What I'm wondering is how scouting will work if you create these lower leagues and play in them. Will scout reports properly reflect the players ability for that league and give a star rating based on that league?

At the moment I get a lot of scout reports returning players with 1 or 2 stars for conference north/south level, but am I right to expect that these would be given more accurate reports of possible 3+ stars in the leagues directly below? I'm not entirely sure how this works... maybe the reputation of the league or something.

I do notice in FM09 that the scout ratings can often be quite off for a league anyway, as many teams in leagues like the conference premier have squads that are way beyond what is expected of that league (full of 6 and 7 star players), and buying players that are classed as "good" for that league is simply "not good" enough to compete successfully.

Any advice on this is appreciated... cheers.

Good question - I guess that remains to be seen. I'm sure that if we make the league/club reputations realistic we'll get one cra99y scout who can only scout the next county anyway! He ought to recommend only players with a low reputation who would be interested in your club. Let's see if that's the case.

Archived