Getting sacked as Man U manager

Was doing a two player league with a friend and he got sacked as United's manager :D. I didnt think it was possible and have never heard or seen anyone else who this has happened to. My question is how bad of a fm player would you be to get sacked as Manchester Uniteds manager??

A friend of mine always starts with Man Utd in our multi-player games and is often sacked after or during the first season. I think it's because he doesn't spend anywhere near the time I do regarding tactics, in particular the individual player instructions.

Its not great to be sacked as manager of Man Utd, but how long into the game was it. You can't judge a manager in FM from one game, but look at their successes in all their games to bulid up a better picture. I think I can say we've all had good games aswell as a few bad ones along the way!!!! :)

Yes, let's keep it on topic please.

If you want to find out why the term 'Man U' is offensive, Google it.

You should ask your friend how bad you need to be :D

How long was he in the hotseat for?

He got sacked just after the 1st season and sorry when i put Man u into the google search the 1st 4-5 search results are for Manchester United FC, there is a hindu god i think called Manu which does not have a space after the Man so please explain why i cant say that?

• Administrators

I'll refer you to this:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/95405-its-united-not-man-u

... I don't see why it should be found offensive, people make jokes about all sorts of things. Its distasteful to use the phrase "Man U", but ridiculous to outlaw it, IMO.

Your friend was probably unlucky, He's prob a good manager and had the right coaches and tactics but maybe his tactics did not fit with the player attributes and after a couple of losses his teams morale would of been poor and that doesn't help!

Never knew that 'Man U' was used in a bad song invented by Leeds Utd (shame on them tbh) Man United from now on.

Getting sacked if you're managing a good team is surprisingly easy. Check out the very first news item you receive at the start of the game, and the Confidence screen. If you're starting as an inexperienced manager, the fans become absolutely furious that a no-hoper has been put in charge of their team, and you'll have to work very hard to win them round. Lose anything more than a couple of games, and they'll be calling for your head straight away (they might have patience with someone like Fergie, but 20-year-old newbie Joe Inexperio isn't going to get a second chance).

It's times like these that I enjoy playing as the team that I support (Ipswich), absolutely no pressure on a new manager to deliver results whatsoever :D

Getting sacked if you're managing a good team is surprisingly easy. Check out the very first news item you receive at the start of the game, and the Confidence screen. If you're starting as an inexperienced manager, the fans become absolutely furious that a no-hoper has been put in charge of their team, and you'll have to work very hard to win them round. Lose anything more than a couple of games, and they'll be calling for your head straight away (they might have patience with someone like Fergie, but 20-year-old newbie Joe Inexperio isn't going to get a second chance).

It's times like these that I enjoy playing as the team that I support (Ipswich), absolutely no pressure on a new manager to deliver results whatsoever :D

He was an international footballer in the past so the fans didnt say that but i see what your saying. I have never been sacked and just thought being Manchester United wouldnt be that difficult considering we have been playing FM for many many years.

Yes, let's keep it on topic please.

If you want to find out why the term 'Man U' is offensive, Google it.

You should ask your friend how bad you need to be :D

How long was he in the hotseat for?

From Wikipedia:

In Hindu traditions, Manu is a title accorded to the progenitor of mankind, and also the very first king to rule this earth, who saved mankind from the universal flood.

Sounds like a top bloke to me.:confused:

Right then, back to topic:

Your mate must be ashamed of himself, why manage 'manchester united' anyway, but then to be sacked...blimey

He is Manchester United on everything he didnt think getting sacked was that bad and just added new manager and carried on with them! I just hope he signs on and see's this and hangs his head in shame!

Archived