What do you look forward to in each edition?

This is not another question about what you are most looking forward to in the upcoming FM, more what you tend to look forward to in the run up to each edition of the game.

This isn't really about selecting a favourite new feature, although "the new features" in general may well be your answer, but more about the smaller things which make you intrigued.

For example do you tend to look forward to challenges the real football world has produced; transfer restrictions, points deductions, big clubs relegated? Do you look forward to snapping up a famous free transfer or trying out a new league in the game for the first time? How about the match engine changes or player's valuations - who will be the most expensive players on the search screen this season?

Personally, I always look forward to seeing how players' attributes/abilities have changed, particularly at the team I support. I spend weeks thinking about the tactic I want to develop and how the players will fit into it and how soon that young prospect who was underrated by the game last season will be ready for first team football. Although it never seems to work out as planned, I can't help but think about it season after season.

So, what do you tend to look forward to most, year in-year out?

I always look forward to new leagues being included - been disappointed since BSS/BSN got in. Now all my prayers have been answered with the new editor!

I look forward to various irritations (bugs, exploits, annoyances like press conferences) being 'polished' (to use the new terminology) - again, that's looking brilliant for FM10.

I was thrilled with the inclusion of a 3D ME in FM09 - now I look forward to improved animations and detail each version.

Transfers and training are important areas that I look for improvements in each version - maybe I'll have to keep waiting this time out.

Archived