Which factor is responsible for season’s expectations

I ask because I think, that club reputation is not the only thing responsible for board season’s expectations. For example in Australian A-League the team with the smallest reputation value is Wellington Phoenix. But if I try to start the game as Wellington manager, the smallest possible expectations are: advance to final series.

But if I started as Perth Glory manager, the lowest expectation was “stabilization”.

It is interesting, that Perth Glory has 100 reputation points (as I check in the editor) more than Wellington Phoenix.

So could I edit something in the editor to start the first season with lowest expectations?

Yeah, it is wierd.

Just started my 4th season with Liverpool, my previous seasons are as follows:

1: Finished 4th, Lost Champions League QF

2: Finished 1st, Won Champions League

3: Finished 1st, Lost Champions League QF

And my seasons ambitions options this year were:

Continental qualification by League position

Title Challenge

Title Winner

Seems a bit wierd to me, usually with alot of teams, once you've done well, the only option once you've won the league a couple of times is Title Winner. I chose Continental qualification, for the lower transfer budget so i can try and save some money as i'm in debt.

Your financial situation could be having the dampening effect there, as the board might think you will need to sell more than you buy to get the finances under control. If this is the case then you have a very understanding board, and I would run with it.

P.S. I haven't a clue howm this is now post #3 (well on my computer anyway)

Yeah, it is wierd.

Just started my 4th season with Liverpool, my previous seasons are as follows:

1: Finished 4th, Lost Champions League QF

2: Finished 1st, Won Champions League

3: Finished 1st, Lost Champions League QF

And my seasons ambitions options this year were:

Continental qualification by League position

Title Challenge

Title Winner

Seems a bit wierd to me, usually with alot of teams, once you've done well, the only option once you've won the league a couple of times is Title Winner. I chose Continental qualification, for the lower transfer budget so i can try and save some money as i'm in debt.

Definately board ambitions, Grimsby were taken over by billionaires on mine in League One and despite and awful team that I'm racing to rebuild, I'm expected to win the league when there are about 12 teams who'll wipe the floor with me. Previous owner expected mid table status with the same team...

Archived