Postal Strike (national) - Important news

Can I just add to this, that during the last bout of strikes I failed to receive several letters. Not sure whether parcel deliveries are affected in the same way (re: lost mail) but if you guys are ordering this online, check with the company and find out if they plan to use 3rd party companies to deliver the game to you.

Being an ex-postie who worked through the last set of strikes, i have 2 things to add.

1) If you get your parcel sent by special delivery, they are the highest priority and the managers go out and deliver them themselves during strike action.

2) Legally, there has to be 7 days minimum notice of when the next strike will be. As these strikes aren't rolling strikes (yet), i'd imagine the union will strike, then give time for Royal Mail to talk. If that doesnt happen, then the next one will be announced. I would say its highly unlikely they would have more strike action so soon after the last one. At least not yet anyway!

A lot of companies don't use Royal Mail for packages. If you select the overnight option on Amazon you'll get it pretty quick for something like and extra £2.50. It's rumoured Amazon are dropping RM altogether.

Considering people have already started Christmas shopping, I'd say one or two will probably do the same thing.

Personally, I'm going to walk up to Oxford St (I work near Radio One) and pick up a copy on the day. Its in my hands - no argument. Unless a Kracken happens to devastate its way through the West End.

Zavvi have no plans to change the courier service, rang Customer Service this afternoon & they will be using Royal Mail as per usual.

Anyone who has ordered FM2010 from Zavvi may expect delays, depending on how these strikes turn out.

Its ok though, think of the money you saved ;):D

The Internet has killed the buzz of walking into a shop spotting the game on the shelf from a distance. Picking it up and looking at the back to see the screenshots and blurb, taking a moment to read it even though you've just spent 3 months on the SI forums and know absolutely everything there is to know about the game.

I have two point on this one

1 by the game from a shop?

2 I think the royal mail where i live get around 7 quid an hour and most other workers get minimum wage (around a fiver). and postal workers want more?? get to work like everyone else :)

I have two point on this one

1 by the game from a shop?

2 I think the royal mail where i live get around 7 quid an hour and most other workers get minimum wage (around a fiver). and postal workers want more?? get to work like everyone else:)

How ill imformed of you.....

£7 is hardly alot considering the sometimes backbreaking labour these guys do at unreal hours of the morning. Christ, i get £7 an hour sitting on my arse managing a betting shop and i guarentee posties work a lot harder than i do.

I did the job for a few months as a temp and handled it enough on a mixture of jobs.

construction workers and labourers etc on a few quid less an hour.

Archived