fm2010. how to buy?

i apologise in advance if this is already a thread and say thanks in advance to whoever directs me to the thread (if there is one).

i've been an fm addict since the original amiga release and every second is crucial when it comes to playing the new edition. at the moment i've preordered a copy from play.com who are usually very reliable but with the postal strike i'm not sure what the best option of purchase is. i'm tempted to cancel my play.com order and either camp outside/break into/wait until opening of my local game/gamestation or download from steam. obviously the trip to game/gamestation would mean an anticipated 10.00 hours fm2010 k/o but i understand you can start downloading from steam at midnight but hear that people had to wait hours for it to download last year. any advise would be gratefully recieved.

I bought FM09 from Game on the release day last year and there were no queue's or anything, I guess i was lucky :D I've pre-ordered mine form Zavvi. They say the postal strike wont affect the game's release, so maybe you should check with Play.com.

Get to Tescos or Asda at midnight instead.

My cruddy Tesco store only sells console games :(

To add to the Steam debate in the OP, the game will be downloaded before midnight, in advance. Then after/at midnight it will finish off the last little bit. This is done to smooth data flow and stop the risk of something going wrong, such as an overload on the server.

Archived