will there be enough players?

I, like many others am excited by the new league creator and I am looking forward to playing the english lower leagues, but I have to wonder if there will be a point where there are not enough english players available to play these lower divisions.

How many english players are currently in the database, and at an average of say 20 players per club, how man clubs are needed before we run out of players.?

Even if there aren't enough players the game will generate some for you... Which if you think about it, down in Tier 10 how many players are actually on a long-term contract anyway? In real life you'd probably get obscure players coming and going in Tier 10 wouldn't you?

MachinegunHead, data editor has done that for as long as I can remember... At least back to FM07/06 :)

That's what I was referring to you know. It's called Grey Players. They get generated when you actually start the game though, not in the database itself...

I wonder if the editor has the ability to generate a bunch of regens into a newly created team, based on club reputation and a few other parameters? That'd make things a bloody lot easier.

Yes, it already can. I'm trialling a level 10 league in FM09 - I created a league with rep 50 clubs that are already in the database. The AI stocked them with regen teenagers of truly awful abilities. As manager I've been bringing in a few mature warhorses to guide them. I find the balance to be very good, and that's not even FM10 yet!

MachinegunHead, data editor has done that for as long as I can remember... At least back to FM07/06 :)

That's what I was referring to you know. It's called Grey Players. They get generated when you actually start the game though, not in the database itself...

Oh, I know all about grey players. But I mean, if you had a league full of created clubs who had no players on the roster, it would be nice if all the clubs were given their 'grey players', but had them accepted into the database. So that they could be traded, and get injured, and progress. I really hope that the only options to avoid having grey players for new clubs wont just be to add in a bunch of new players manually or to wait for regens.

For example, if I was to create a 'fantasy league', by replacing all leagues and clubs with new custom clubs, I'd hate to have to flesh out all the teams manually with squads, or to have the world populated by grey players for the first 10 years (until enough regens finally become old enough to outclass grey players)

Oh, I know all about grey players. But I mean, if you had a league full of created clubs who had no players on the roster, it would be nice if all the clubs were given their 'grey players', but had them accepted into the database. So that they could be traded, and get injured, and progress. I really hope that the only options to avoid having grey players for new clubs wont just be to add in a bunch of new players manually or to wait for regens.

For example, if I was to create a 'fantasy league', by replacing all leagues and clubs with new custom clubs, I'd hate to have to flesh out all the teams manually with squads, or to have the world populated by grey players for the first 10 years (until enough regens finally become old enough to outclass grey players)

First off players actually get created, regen like, if the club doesn't have enough players, also you can sign grey out players so they aren't greyed out anymore.

Archived