llm in fm10

Create the Uni Bond leagues below the Blue Square Leagues and attach Chorley to The Uni Bond, take over them - you would find it hard!!

I had a save on FM09 which lasted about 65 seasons, I was Southport. From Blue Square North up to the Prem. For about 30 seasons I won Prem, Champions League, World Club Cup, had 3 new stadiums lol. It was amazing

I think lower league management will be a completely new challenge in FM10. For example, I live in Banbury and the only chance i have to play as Banbury United in FM is to swap them with a team in the Blue Square South. Now, With the option to add leagues on, you now have the option to manage below the Blue Square. I know that as soon as I properly understand the editor, I am going to be going below the Blue Square and taking charge of Banbury United

Create the Uni Bond leagues below the Blue Square Leagues and attach Chorley to The Uni Bond, take over them - you would find it hard!!

I had a save on FM09 which lasted about 65 seasons, I was Southport. From Blue Square North up to the Prem. For about 30 seasons I won Prem, Champions League, World Club Cup, had 3 new stadiums lol. It was amazing

Sorry if im mis-understanding, but chorley are in the unibond league first div. north. also, id like to ask, will this league just be addable on the editor, or will it have to be created by hand? And will it contain the real players?

As I don't plan on touching the editor, I'll be starting my new save with the closest team in the BSS/BSN to me, which this year is Corby. It's their first season at this level, so it should be an interesting one.

As I don't plan on touching the editor, I'll be starting my new save with the closest team in the BSS/BSN to me, which this year is Corby. It's their first season at this level, so it should be an interesting one.

You don't have to touch the editor :) - You could download a user created database. The beta testers'll upload a few ready-to-play level 10 dbs the day of release! (hopefully)...

Also, in answer to the OP's question, try Vauxhall Motors in the BSN if you want a challenge. I believe their parent club is Tranmere...

I'm gonna go for a Level 10 team. My local team (Thurmaston Town - based out of Leicestershire) are playing at level 11 right now, but they're winning the league by a tidy margin, so I might have to 'evict' a current level 10 team and put Thurmaston Town in their place...

That's the beauty and real excitement for FM this year. Being able to manage your mates in the LLs :D

im looking to do a llm career and build my club to the top hopefully and well im not to sure on teams in the lower leagues so for people going into LLM who would you recomend?

I like to concider myself a bit of an expert in the lower league departments. I've taken teams from the conference to the prem b4.

But far as choosing a team.... who do you support at the mo & where about you from? & I'll decide a good team for ya to start with.

Thing is that proper LLM prohibits the use of editors, so unless there's an official patch to download the lower leagues for you, you can't play in them.

Starting 10 divisions below whats already in the game sounds more like "proper" LLM to me, who decides whats "proper" anyway

LLM rules are pretty solid. It won't be LLM if you use the editor. The only way they'd probably allow it is if SI released an official patch that added in the lower tiers. They tend to follow the school of thought that you can do whatever you want in the game, but if it ain't LLM, then it ain't LLM.

There is always the potential that they may all work on an update to add down to tier 10 and have their own 'official' one, but even then that would be a stretch.

LLM rules are pretty solid. It won't be LLM if you use the editor. The only way they'd probably allow it is if SI released an official patch that added in the lower tiers. They tend to follow the school of thought that you can do whatever you want in the game, but if it ain't LLM, then it ain't LLM.

There is always the potential that they may all work on an update to add down to tier 10 and have their own 'official' one, but even then that would be a stretch.

They could try getting over themselves.

You'll learn to keep away from them. Say that and you'ree only heading for trouble. I said nothing near that last year when I wondered into the LLM forum, got flamed senseless as they discovered I used editors.

Ha-Ha. Yeah, I got 'berated' a bit too. I got told to (and I'm para-phrasing) "Never darken the doorstep of the Llama forums again". Oops...

The Llamas are a great bunch, but if you stray from the rules...

However, I love the challenge of lower league management... no transfer budget, and an entire squad covered by a wage budget that wouldn't pay a League 1 players wages for a week. I just play my own way...

In response to your OP, If you want a tough challenge, then go Blue Square South/North - or if you want an impossible one, try level 10 :)

Managing a team in the BSS & BSN isn't that tricky though once you get used to it. Key to success is keeping the wage budget down (release as much of the dead wood early on - for free if you can) and then scour the UK for unattached talent that's willing to come to you. I always load 'Reunion' as a country, as there are some great French players that are willing to play in Lower League England...

Good luck!

Ha-Ha. Yeah, I got 'berated' a bit too. I got told to (and I'm para-phrasing) "Never darken the doorstep of the Llama forums again". Oops...

The Llamas are a great bunch, but if you stray from the rules...

You wouldn't be the type to go into a church and start spouting about evolution and gay marriage would you?

I'm not. In my case they just looked at my post history and saw that I was in the Editor's Hideaway talking about future projects (back then I was planning on swapping Hong Kong and American Samoa. greenwhitearmy, then known as Linfield Fc, later collaberated with me on it and created a challenge in the CSE forum which seems to have failed) so I was immediately seen as an outcast that doesn't belong in there. I wonder if they've forgotten me.

I'm not. In my case they just looked at my post history and saw that I was in the Editor's Hideaway talking about future projects (back then I was planning on swapping Hong Kong and American Samoa. greenwhitearmy, then known as Linfield Fc, later collaberated with me on it and created a challenge in the CSE forum which seems to have failed) so I was immediately seen as an outcast that doesn't belong in there. I wonder if they've forgotten me.

Insanity really.

I'm guessing there will be quite a welcoming thread in the CSE forum. I'd expect there to be a 'Dafuge' style challenge with a tier 10 or lower database. I mean, Dafuge's challenge is interesting enough, but going deeper would be amazing! I remember the first time I tried Dafuge's in FM08 and I never got out of the Blue Square National league. I can imagine that you'd have a lot of people who don't even make it INTO BS N/S leagues :p.

Managing Corinthian in the Kent League might be tough, it's like going onto FM 08 or 09 and putting a brand new team into BSN/S but forgetting to adjust the reps, they were voted into the league and started from scratch with about 2 weeks to go before the season began, they're first match was a week or so later too. But then again they're above Lordswood and will probably finish above them and Sporting Bengal tbqh.

I wonder if they've forgotten me.

Llama's are like elephants...They never forget. (or is it that they bury their dead - I can't remember, ironically).

Anyway, we shouldn't really bash them. Everyone can play to whatever rules they like. I applaud them for their patience and frustration tolerance.

There's a difference between

A/managing a team from BSN/BSS

and

B/ Managing a team from BSN/BSS in accordance with the guidelines (mind you; I didn't say rules) of the Llama community.

If you don't feel the guidelines inherent to option B are your cup of tea; pick option A.

The subforum on this board is for the people going with option B

Simple as that really.

Well I got thrown out before I had a chance to comply with option B as I was going to, and my infraction was as a result of my attempting a LLM career with Gainsborough Trinity,when I posted in one of the update threads I got told I wasn't welcome and got done for spamming.

There's a difference between

A/managing a team from BSN/BSS

and

B/ Managing a team from BSN/BSS in accordance with the guidelines (mind you; I didn't say rules) of the Llama community.

If you don't feel the guidelines inherent to option B are your cup of tea; pick option A.

The subforum on this board is for the people going with option B

Simple as that really.

Maybe the LLM forum needs a more appropriate name so that there is less confusion of its aims? I mean, as I understand it, the LLM forum is about a game-playing ethos as opposed to specifically management in the lower reaches of playable leagues, and that's the reason they tend to have issues with outsiders. Maybe if they came up with a clearer name for their forum and style of play, you wouldn't get people wandering in without understanding where they're going.

I can't wait to get the lower levels edited in. I'll be playing as FC United of Manchester in the Northern Premier League Premier Division, or Colwyn Bay in the Northern Premier League Division One North. I'll probably go with FC United though.

Tbf, they sound like the most pathetic and pedantic group of people you could have the displeasure of meeting.

I can see how it wouldn't be 'LLM' if you used the editor to make a godlike player who could tear up the BSN/BSS but to use the editor just to add in another, lower ranked, lower repped team, therefore making the task even harder for yourself is still against their rules is just silly.

It's just a game.

The LLM lot take the game far too seriously.

The majority of teams in the lower leagues are usually in the FM games already. Will we be able to make the leagues, and then just move the teams that are already in the game into the leagues they belong in?

Thing is that proper LLM prohibits the use of editors, so unless there's an official patch to download the lower leagues for you, you can't play in them.

There is nothing wrong with Jack using the editor to play a game in lower leagues if he so wishes. I'm sure Jack will be buying the game by legitimate means so it's his right to play the game as he wishes.

However, if he wishes to post in the LLM forum, then he will need to post by the LLM rules (which are in the LLM header), and play the game following LLM ethics (in a thread in LLM).

Maybe the LLM forum needs a more appropriate name so that there is less confusion of its aims? I mean, as I understand it, the LLM forum is about a game-playing ethos as opposed to specifically management in the lower reaches of playable leagues, and that's the reason they tend to have issues with outsiders. Maybe if they came up with a clearer name for their forum and style of play, you wouldn't get people wandering in without understanding where they're going.

The LLM forum name has been that way for years. It's up to SI/whomever runs the forum to change it if they see fit.

Tbf, they sound like the most pathetic and pedantic group of people you could have the displeasure of meeting.

I can see how it wouldn't be 'LLM' if you used the editor to make a godlike player who could tear up the BSN/BSS but to use the editor just to add in another, lower ranked, lower repped team, therefore making the task even harder for yourself is still against their rules is just silly.

It's just a game.

LLMers don't tell you how to play your game. Don't tell LLMers how to play their game.

Whoever describe the LLaMa forum clan as a cult is bang on. I got flamed and my thread closed by a mod just for politely bringing up the topic of the competitions editor in FM10. No discussion even permitted. I wasn't telling them to use it; I was simply pointing out that there are many people who love managing lower league teams and will use the editor to go tiers lower than the leagues on the disk. Blasphemy for just mentioning it.

Anyway, my point is that there are many of us who will enjoy such campaigns and are excluded from their inner circle. In all probability we will vastly outnumber them. It would be nice to have a space in a forum - GQ? Editors' Hideaway? CSE? - where we can share and exchange experiences.

I think the main problem is that the LLM forum is more a game strategy forum and not a forum about the lower leagues per se. Probably the best way would be to rename it as LLM and to open-up another forum called The lower leagues. FM2010 will bring a lot more attention to the lower leagues than any version before, and the majority of people will use the edited files as they expand the game extremely. The ones who like to play a special strategy could knock on the LLM door, while the others could play the lower leagues without restrictions.

Archived