I don't know if I can make the switch..

Mate I was like that from FM08 to FM09. So what I did, I wrote my amazing Man Utd FM08 save to disk, kept it in a safe place, along with the FM08 disk, and uninstalled it. From time to time I will run it and play it for a bit.

I will do the same with my amazing Newcastle save from FM09. But I wont be uninstalling anything till I know FM10 is bug free.

Fom 09 to 10 :(

I've really enjoyed 09 so far and I'm currently having an amazing long-term save with Man. City. I really don't know if I'll be able to make the switch over instantly. I've cancelled my pre-order and I'll probably end up waiting 'til Christmas.

Anyone else in the same boat?

When the Gold Demo is available, why not give that a go and then re-evaluate what you should do after you've had a play on FM 2010?

You'll make the switch. FM2010 is The Sex. Don't need to play. Such is my blind faith. It looks like an evolution, a genuine progression with important areas of the game actually expanding in the way of interaction.

The cold winter nights indoors will be a blessing.

I could understand this from 08 to 09 but this time around there seem to be major changes and improvements which it would be foolish to ignore.

This.

For anyone who is struggling, just read through the blogs and the new features.

It's brand spanking new IMO.

Well maybe not completely, but its got bells on it.

Will play from the word go. Bugs or no bugs.

I'm gonna make a prediction. I don't think the bugs this time round will be of the cockroach variety Perhaps a flutter of a butterfly or two. And possibly the odd fly. Other than that, I'm predicting peace on earth on full release.

I can understand this, always start getting into a save when FM10 comes out, which is annoying.

Me too.

Just made my record signing in 09 who got injured for 3 months pre season.

Looks like the new game will be out by the time I get him fit again.

Oh well. Onwards and upwards.

I could understand this from 08 to 09 but this time around there seem to be major changes and improvements which it would be foolish to ignore.

I see it as the other way around.

New notable features of FM09: 3D, Press conferences, re-written transfer code, TV-View.

New notable features of FM10: Tactics Wizard, More analysis stuff and maybe a few other minor things.

As much as I think FM10 will be the best version of the game ever, I think the bigger jump in features was FM08 to FM09.

As much as I'm loving my current game, I know there is no way I could play it once the new game is released. I'm already thinking about the game I'll be starting on release day.

I think thats how most of us feel.. I just cant play FMx when FMx+1 is out

I'm not too sure about that. I've never liked using third party data or editors with the game and I don't think that will change with FM10.

well.. I know you're not shy of a challenge... If someone creates the league for an obscure nation or just down to level 12 in england.. well that should be an ultimate challenge :)

As much as I'm loving my current game, I know there is no way I could play it once the new game is released. I'm already thinking about the game I'll be starting on release day.

Same. I couldn't play 09 and see and hear that FM10 is awesome and great. Also, the footballing world has changed dramatically in the last year and that's another factor for me to get FM10

I cannot wait to play fm10, just recently got bk into fm09 last few weeks after seeing what fm10 has in store for us. I cant get enough of it i have fm fever :p will be downloading the demo asap and will be anxiously waiting and cursing the postie on the morning of the 30th......... Not long to go! :D

well.. I know you're not shy of a challenge... If someone creates the league for an obscure nation or just down to level 12 in england.. well that should be an ultimate challenge :)

It could well be, but I'm not really that interested in playing with an edited database.

Things may change but I think the last time I used an unofficial data update was 01/02, at the moment I think it is unlikely I'll use another one.

Archived