So who is still playin FM09?

As per the title really. Are you still playing FM09, or have you given up in anticipation of FM10? I had that plan but got bored of waiting so i downloaded the latest Weegie update and im having a quick save to tide me over. What are the rest of you up to?

I'm still playing it and will be until the day before FM2010 comes out I think. I'm aiming to win the Scudetto with Lazio in that time having got them out of Serie B and into Europe in 4 years so far. I also won the Coppa Italia last season.

I think I've played every FM right up until the next one comes out except FM2008 which just frustrated me too much.

I'm still playing FM09 and loving it, although it will end as soon as FM10 is released.

Although I'm really looking forward the new version, I've become very attached to my current game and could quite happily continue playing to for a while longer if it was not for the new version being released.

I am at the end of my best game on FM09. Started in League Two and consecutive promotions to premier league, then on to become world beaters. Won the all prizes 4 straight seasons now including Champions League and 3 world club cups. Its getting a little boring now being able to dominate so much. All this in 10 seasons. It was a very addictive save.

I vowed I wouldn't leave the team in that save so for FM10 i will be a mercenary manager and travel the world.

I am at the end of my best game on FM09. Started in League Two and consecutive promotions to premier league, then on to become world beaters. Won the all prizes 4 straight seasons now including Champions League and 3 world club cups. Its getting a little boring now being able to dominate so much. All this in 10 seasons. It was a very addictive save.

I vowed I wouldn't leave the team in that save so for FM10 i will be a mercenary manager and travel the world.

I tried to stop even uninstulled it but I got boured and had to start it again.

Playing it but not so much recently, I'd already toned down a bit from the most sustained intense playing period I've had of an FM yet (from early August to mid September) so I don't find myself wanting a break by the time FM10 is out, and have also been ill for the past week (and I find it difficult to play if I either feel really tired or just rubbish) so been playing it much less then intended. Not my only ever 09 save but is my only regular save, and its my best ever so despite finding a spot for 'retirement' I just couldn't keep away from it. Might even return to it for when (as I probably will) I'll feel like doing something different from my FM10 main save.

I started up another Spurs save 2 weeks ago and got to say i'm loving it. I've picked up a few regens alongside some real bargains who i'm already attached to and will be sad when I condemn the game to history.

I just wish that i'd have had this save earlier as I could have seen me going really far with this one.

im playing but just as an international manager because it will be easy to put down whe fm10 arrives. currently with sweden and got to semi-finals of the world cup before being done by the ivory coast on pens. bring on euro 2012 i say

FM2009 is so addictive, I can't put it down. Used to play Football Director & the original championship manager years ago. Been away from play footie management sims to other things i.e. Civilization, flight sims, Rome Total War, FIFA & PES. Out of curiousity bought FM2008 on the cheap & I was blown away. Then bought 2009, its even better, I can't enough of it. currently in my 5th year as Leeds Utd boss. Gained promotion in the first season from league 2 and now in my 1st season in the Premiership & boy its harder. Even bought Beckham, and looking forward to Carlton Cole when the Jan window opens. Its selling point is the match engine and is millions miles better than Champ Manager and has come a long way since Addictive's Football Manager on the little Spectrum back in the 80's.

I've seen the graphics from 2010 on youtube & I got to say SI have certainly cracked it. I'd love to have FM2010 but I need a new PC to cope with the greater demands of FM2010.

In the meantime, I better crack on in getting Leeds out of the relegation zone. Blackburn next then Chelsea. Phew!

stopped playing a few weeks ago, and went back to the PS3 for a while....

stopped somewhere between 2024-2026 or something - basically it was going to take way too long to play another season, and with the demo coming out, seemed pointless continuing....

have to wipe my gaming PC anyway, as I have Windows 7 arriving in 2 weeks, (was playing on the 1-year free W7 download)....

finally got around to uninstalling and de-activating the game at the weekend, to free up the seats, in case I need them again....

like to try and develop a decent tactic on the demo, prior to the main game release anyway!

good to take a break from the game now and again - with the long, dark winter nights creeping in, I anticipate a LOT of use out of FM10! :D

Season 2012/2013. Have just spent the last four years as manager of England. Semi finals of World Cup and Quarter Finals of the European Championships, then decided to resign.

Have just taken over Scotland (I went home!) and drawn my first game with Norway. Would love to at least complete a full qualification campaign before the demo came out.

I am playing. I wait for FM10 and the first update. Because, I don't want to start the game, make something, and then need to install update and lose everything. So, FM is good for now.

And, I don't think that my notebook will support the new FM. So I need to wait for the new one.

i'm still playing fm09 on my Arsenal save, its just too easy, season 2016, I'm loving it and just started to ease a few of my youth team into the 1st team. I get so much satisfaction when one of my young guns rises through the ranks to become a 1st team regular

Archived