PC requirements, falling short.

Hey,

I didn't see any other threads but the requirements is kinda hitting me. Basically I'm not a gamer but I do play FM on my laptop.

PC System Requirements

OS - Windows Vista or XP

Processor Speed - Vista - 2.0GHz, XP - 1.4GHz Memory - Vista - 1GB, XP - 512MB Videocard - 128MB Nvidia FX 5900 Ultra, ATI Radeon 9800, Intel 82915G/82910GL or greater.

Now I don't meet the criteria, but I did see in the blogs that you can get a stripped down version, is there any news on this or do the creators have any idea's on having a "lite" setting of the game?

I would pre-order it now but obviously won't bother if the game won't run at home and only at work (!!!).

Well I only hit the minimum processor speed @ 1.4ghz and my ram is 752mb so it's not too bad I guess.

Additionally it's an onboard laptop graphics card which doesn't hit the target, thankfully this isn't mandotory.

I have pre-ordered the game though.

One thing I have always wondered, these specs never state whether dual core reduces the CPU requirements? I would expect it would as my 1.66GHz runs the game fine, but there is no mention of dual core. Anyone know for sure? Is there a conversion for ratings from single core to dual?

One thing I have always wondered, these specs never state whether dual core reduces the CPU requirements? I would expect it would as my 1.66GHz runs the game fine, but there is no mention of dual core. Anyone know for sure? Is there a conversion for ratings from single core to dual?

I think a dual core will speed up the processing. If you look in the game options menu there's an enable threading option. This allows the game to use both cores of your processor.

I run OSX 1.4x on my MAC.. Now this already caused issues last year until the patch fixed it.. I am so doomed I guess =(.

Would I be better off;

1) Buying a Laptop supporting windows only

2) Buy OSX 1.5x

3) Buy software to install Vista on macbook

My Macbook is the first generation, so 1.8ghz dual core with 1gb memory I believe. Taking all this in to consideration, I do not care about playing 3D! I love my dots!

Archived