Can FM10 be installed onto more than one computer?

So for example could I install it with steam and then give it to my mate(s) and give them the password, would they be able to use it? Sorry it may sound like I'm dumb but I really don't understand!:o

Dave!:cool:

Steam accounts are personal and intransferible IIRC, so it's illegal to give your account login details to any of your friends. You can't be logged in with the same Steam account from various places at the same time.

It's also dangerous:

Once you buy/install a game through Steam, it belongs to that account, and thus to you. Be careful with that or you may end up losing all your games. Anyone that logs in as you could then give all your games as "gifts" to another account (presumably of his own), and you would lose all your games, including your FM copy.

Not to mention, if those people do anything else illegal from your Steam account (i.e.: cheating in some game) you could get banned from that game and many more.

I would never share my Steam account with anyone, that's for sure.

To further complicate the question; FM09 could be authenticated to five different computers at once. I foyu wanted to put it on a different machine, you simply had to remove the authentication from one of the five accounts. SI keeps a website you can log into to authenticate and remove authentication. You can find it on these forums. Finally, I would assume that FM10 will be similar to '09 in this regard.

FM2010 can be installed onto as many computers as you want, however to play the game you need to either have the DVD in the drive or if you are using a PC you can link the game to Steam, install the game via Steam and log onto your Steam account on what ever computer you want to play the game on.

In addition you are only allowed to run one instance of the game at a time, if you want to run two versions of the game at the same time on different computers you will need to have two copies of the game.

• 1 month later...
FM2010 can be installed onto as many computers as you want, however to play the game you need to either have the DVD in the drive or if you are using a PC you can link the game to Steam, install the game via Steam and log onto your Steam account on what ever computer you want to play the game on.

In addition you are only allowed to run one instance of the game at a time, if you want to run two versions of the game at the same time on different computers you will need to have two copies of the game.

What stupidity from SIs part.

I've got the same problem, my brother downloaded via steam and i used his account to download it onto my laptop. I can play it fine unless my brother is already playing it in which case i cant log in to his steam account.

I dont understand why you cant play it without going through Steam as it is already downloaded on my laptop. So is there no way of playing this without going through steam (or buying another FM10)?

Archived