Can FM be made more difficult?

Was reading through this thread and a thought occured to me.

Is it possible to make FM more difficult without affecting on its realistic nature (which is supposed to be the best feature of the game)? If yes, then how can SI go about doing this?

And I'm not talking about user set limitations on his game. Sure you can set yourself a target of buying only English players, but that wouldn't be realistic.

Was reading through this thread and a thought occured to me.

Is it possible to make FM more difficult without affecting on its realistic nature (which is supposed to be the best feature of the game)? If yes, then how can SI go about doing this?

And I'm not talking about user set limitations on his game. Sure you can set yourself a target of buying only English players, but that wouldn't be realistic.

There are a few obvious possibilities for that: Fog of War obligatory and get rid of the search function. Both likely not liked by quite a bunch of players.

If you want to make it harder put the time limit thing on at the start so you don;t have 5 hours to search through players. you have a set amount of time to complete a day and thats it. means you have to make quick decisions

Just pick the worst team (reputation: obscure, prediction: relegation battlers) in the lowest possible division in an obscure country, say Finland. Put on player attribute masking and never do any search for staff and players. You call that EASY? :p

It's like asking how to make it harder to play with Man City whilst still being realistic... it would be ridiculous if it was impossible to win the Spanish title with Barca, or League 2 with Notts County (maybe not :p) and therefore the realism element couldn't exist.

Make the AI better: In the save I'm playing at the moment, I find that it is too easy to buy players without competition from controlled AI teams. In Brazil and Argentina a lot of the star players have been available for years, and it's easy to pick up the highest potential youths around europe. So make it harder to buy players because competition from AI teams, and the game will both be harder and more realistic.

Archived