Squad Numbers Problem

The problem is that i bought 'some' talents and now have more than 100 players which means I can't give a squad number to everyone. The problem is that now I'm about to start a new season and I can't take away squad numbers from players who already have one in order to give them to other players. They're all greyed out. 'Clear numbers' doesn't work either.

Now one could say 'you already have 99 players, so why is it so important to register any more players?'. The answer is that I gave squad numbers to every player at the club and of course some of them aren't very good and now I want to give the numbers to some of my new transfers who will definitely play 1st team.

Thanks for your help!

I dont think so- squad numbers have to be submitted and im not sure you can change them after you submit them. Every RL club gives a news message before the next season when they have submitted their numbers

Indeed there is only one opportunity before every season when you can assigns squad numbers freely after that you remain with the "leftover".

Indeed there is only one opportunity before every season when you can assigns squad numbers freely after that you remain with the "leftover".

O.o

I must have missed that day and hence thought there is no way to re-distribute squad numbers that are already being used at any point. Anyway, I have a workaround now, thanks!

You have 100 players in your first team squad?!

If not, then why are you giving under-18's squad numbers?

Wise up mate, just give your players you're going to use on a regular basis numbers!

I have a relatively small first squad of about 18 players (first 11 and bench). Hence I am going to use some of the other players from my reserve and youth teams. Since I don't know which players will perform well for my reserve/youth squad and thus will be promoted to the 1st team, everybody at the club with a 4-star PA-rating gets a squad number.

Next season just assign squad numbers to the players you know will be involved in the first team. I believe that you don't have to assign every player a squad number.

Then if you ever do have to use a player without a squad number the game will ask you to assign him one before the match.

Next season just assign squad numbers to the players you know will

Then if you ever do have to use a player without a squad number the game will ask you to assign him one before the match.

That's not possible in every league, I'm afraid.

Had I known what kind of discussion this thread would cause... ;)

But players in my reserve team can play there until they turn 23 and only players younger than 21 years don't have to be registered. Or am I wrong, again?

Had I known what kind of discussion this thread would cause... ;)

But players in my reserve team can play there until they turn 23 and only players younger than 21 years don't have to be registered. Or am I wrong, again?

Which league are you in?

Since I don't know which players will perform well for my reserve/youth squad and thus will be promoted to the 1st team, everybody at the club with a 4-star PA-rating gets a squad number.

You don't actually have to issue everyone a squad number though, do you?

So when you come to play these reserve/youth players, then you can issue them numbers.

If you don't like doing it that way, then you are making an issue out of nothing. :thdn:

You don't actually have to issue everyone a squad number though, do you?

So when you come to play these reserve/youth players, then you can issue them numbers.

If you don't like doing it that way, then you are making an issue out of nothing. :thdn:

That's not possible in every league, I'm afraid.

It has been commented on before ;)

Anyway, I have a solution now and I don't want to discuss this issue anymore, because it is not a big one, as you said.

I sometimes accumulate over 100 players, mostly youths.

But squad numbers are only needed for players who play in the first team. You're not going to use over 100 players in the first team (not even once!). What I tend to do is give out the first 30 or so, then when addition players occasionally make the bench the game asks for a number to be allocated to them.

I sometimes accumulate over 100 players, mostly youths.

But squad numbers are only needed for players who play in the first team. You're not going to use over 100 players in the first team (not even once!). What I tend to do is give out the first 30 or so, then when addition players occasionally make the bench the game asks for a number to be allocated to them.

But in some leagues you can only use players that you registered before the season (or after the mid-season transfer window).

But in some leagues you can only use players that you registered before the season (or after the mid-season transfer window).

True, but surely you can assume that some of those 100 players won't get a game and leave them out? Just select 50 or so, that is more than enough to get through a season (in my current game, I've finished a season using just 23 players).

Archived