FM Deprivation

I have not allowed myself to play any FM for about 2 weeks now. I'm depriving myself so that when FM10 hits at the end of the month, I'll have lots of motivation to play for hours upon hours up days.

Do you do things like this? Or am I taking it too far and I should just fire up FM09 and stop torturing myself?

Earlier this year i stopped playing fm 09 for about a month because i wasn't really enjoying any of my saves and i had a lot of uni work. I came back and played heaps and heaps and heaps. I think its a good idea if you really can't get into a save atm. As for me i'm engrossed in my Liverpool save i just finished a season winning the carling cup, fa cup, premier league and champions league. I actually didn't think i would win the fa cup or the champions league but my team did well.

Earlier this year i stopped playing fm 09 for about a month because i wasn't really enjoying any of my saves and i had a lot of uni work. I came back and played heaps and heaps and heaps. I think its a good idea if you really can't get into a save atm. As for me i'm engrossed in my Liverpool save i just finished a season winning the carling cup, fa cup, premier league and champions league. I actually didn't think i would win the fa cup or the champions league but my team did well.

I did the same thing, although i didn't had your level o success but a brake from fm definitely helps you on the long run.

That was my plan ;/. Well until I couldn't face it anymore as there was nothing else to do. I went to my old save in fm2009 where I spent 9 years with AC Milan, 2 with Italy, 2 with Arsenal, 2 with Man City and Finally at the age of 58 in Real Madrid. I'm going to play this until the demo is out at least.

I did the same thing, although i didn't had your level o success but a brake from fm definitely helps you on the long run.

yeah i only won the CL final on penalties and only won the fa cup semi-final on penalties, i really was suprised to win both although the EPL was easy enough and i faced a championship side in the final of the carling cup.

yeah i only won the CL final on penalties and only won the fa cup semi-final on penalties, i really was suprised to win both although the EPL was easy enough and i faced a championship side in the final of the carling cup.

Well done a win is a win :D

I cant wait for FM10. Reading all the blogs, watching video's etc has only made me want to play it more.

I started a game the other night.I loaded the premiership only with small database and holidayed until 2013-14 season. Took over Everton and sold all players except english players. This resulted in a£50million budget to spend on the best English talent. Im still in preseason but I am sure ill stick with this until 30th October. :)

The faults of the game usually make me give up about 6 months into the game so it gives me 6 months of hoping the next game being fixed.

I played FM07 for two years because I was great at it then played FM09 for 6 months until I got too stressed with not being able to do well and sold my game. I went back to FM07 for 3 months before getting bored and re-bought FM09 determined to succeed! I didn't. Hence, I can't wait for FM10 (plus Burnley will be in the Prem)!

From reading the blogs and listening to the podcasts, in my mind, it sounds as though last year they made the best game ever and now this year they've made that game playable for the average FM fan. Incidently, I've recently had a go on Championship Manager 97/98 and found the lack of tactical options absolutely baffling!

Archived