Expanding current stadium / Building new stadium

I badly need to expand my current stadium with Hibernian. I've had between £70-90m (currently £86.5m) for the last 3 seasons and have had the problem where the council doesn't allow planning permission for around 10 seasons. For the last 8 seasons I have had 97.2% average attendance in the 25,000 stadium I've got just now.

What is frustrating is that I don't know how much money I need to get a new stadium, or if it is in fact possible. Could someone in the know please tell me?

86m seems a bit low to build a stadium or expand just out of club funds. If you were to expand or build a new, you would either go into debt, or have no funds left for transfers. Owners don't like letting the balance get low in case you don't win and don't get higher prize money.

Thanks for your answer.

So how much do I need? How long do I have to keep qualifying out of the champions league groups for them to believe I can keep it up (currently qualified from the group in the last 5 consexutive seasons)? When is the best time to ask for an expansion?

I found that you need at least 200 million in the bank before the board is willing to expand and even then you tend to go into debt a bit because it costs A LOT of money to build new stadiums

I would say 200+ easily before they consider a new build, but it depends massively on your chairmen too, so best of luck and patience.

Yeah, save up as much as possible, sell your players before they hit 30, and keep investing in young players, keep saving up, keep wages low, and eventually once you surpass £200m or more, and keep asking every season to expand the stadium........ eventually you will get one - and they very may well rename the stadium after you if you have been that successful.

Good luck, it took me a good 12 seasons to get one but the satisfaction afterwards was worth it!

Lets hope the de facto "The Council will never allow planning permission" message has seen it's end days in FM09 :D

Hopefully FM10 will give a bit more constructive advice as to how/why Stadium Expansion requests are denied. Things like, "The Club isn't in a sound financial position", "The Club may consider a new Stadium in the future" etc.

We shall see.

I understand your plight coolestrock but I've got a team in a major UK city, £86.5m in the bank (how many clubs in the world would have that bank balance?) with 9 of the last 11 seasons in the CL (7 out of the last 8 qualified from the group stages), 97% approx attendance for last 8 seasons all combined, year on year increases in profit for the last 12 seasons, currently 241k under wage budget per week and still can't get a new stadium...

boardh.jpg

If only I could get a loan :(

Archived