(FM10) Question regarding created leagues using league editor..

I asked Miles this via twitter, and he suggested that I ask the forum, because he did not know.

Can you set created leagues to feed qualifiers into a continental tournament?

For example, let's say that I created the J-League (the two level league system in Japan). Can I set this to feed to the Asian Champions League? Or, if I created a fictional Luxemborg league, to feed to the UEFA Champions League?

(also, for those who re-create leagues, for example, the combined English and Scottish league.. will THAT feed to the Champions League?)

As far as I understand the appropriate continental spots will be allocated to the newly selected leagues in new countries.

So if Luxemburg is awarded one spot in CL and one in UEFA Cup (or Euroleague as it might be named now) according to the UEFA rankings that will be the case for your game as well.

The clubs already play in the apropriate competitions. They just don't have active leagues. I guess when we create the leagues we don't have to do nothing because they already play in the correct competition.

Clubs from Luxemborg can play in the champions league in FM09. You can't control them but they play.

Archived