Wants New Challenge

i think it's really unfair. I've lost quite a few of my best players this way, now im forced to sell them before the end of their contract to avoid losing them for nothing. It's really annoying, im almost feeling like losing a few tournaments just to keep my best players in the team.

You are clearly a few seasons into the game. Rio Ferdinand has way too high of wage demands and is old. Sell him and buy someone younger and cheaper. Fazio, Sakho, Zapata, etc.

Carrick is definitely not one of the best midfielders in the game any one half decent can replace him.

I've seen it happy to AI before particularly with Arsenal. I had it happen to my Bayern game as well after I won the CL three times in a row or twice in a row. I had revamped the whole team anyways but then about half wanted to leave. Signed up some new players and they were even better, cheaper, and younger. Eventually I kept winning and the new batch of players decided to pull a Ryan Giggs and all stayed for years.

So I went through the initial revamp because Bayern has way too many old and expensive players with a bloated wage budget. So I just sold all of them except for maybe like two and got new players. Then did the second revamp after half of the new squad wanted to leave. And the third batch just settled in probably because they expected to join a club that would just keep winning and the other half wanted to stay.

I feel a lot of times it is due to the human manager. "AI managers" often do not seem to encounter the same problem with new challenges, bigger clubs. Their players seem far more happy than ours.

I do agree with this.

After 5 years with Hoffenheim, I moved to Liverpool halfway through a season. They had largely the same core group of players that they started with the game with.

In the space of 6 months, I had Skrtel, Mascherano, Agger, Arbeloa and Insua all say they needed a new challenge. Given they hadnt won the league in all the years previously, I found the timing of this a bit unfair.

I feel a lot of times it is due to the human manager. "AI managers" often do not seem to encounter the same problem with new challenges, bigger clubs. Their players seem far more happy than ours.
I do agree with this.

After 5 years with Hoffenheim, I moved to Liverpool halfway through a season. They had largely the same core group of players that they started with the game with.

In the space of 6 months, I had Skrtel, Mascherano, Agger, Arbeloa and Insua all say they needed a new challenge. Given they hadnt won the league in all the years previously, I found the timing of this a bit unfair.

Agree with these points. Strange. Added in to give us managers a challenge, perhaps?

Does indeed seem unfair.

I've got this problem too. My Bolton team has been all-conquering, and now Anderson (currently 29 years old) says he wants a new challenge. He's got 2 years on his contract and won't sign a new one.

I had considered selling him, but bringing in a replacement will be ridiculously expensive - Arsenal want £100 million for Fabregas! Nobody will pay me a decent amount for Anderson either, best offer was £24 mil and he's worth £34 mil. I'm considering keeping him until his contract runs out and hoping another young player steps up.

But since Anderson is listed as "unhappy," will that hurt the team?

Archived