[FM09] LUFC - return to the top?

yorkshire22

Hi!, I'm currently in my 3rd season with Leeds United and felt the need to share my progress so far!

FM 2009 - 9.3.0 (no edits)

I'm using a large database with the following leagues loaded: England (BSN/S and above), Scotland (div 3 and above), Italy (Serie C2 and above), Spain (Liga adelante and above), Holland (Second div and above), France (National and above), Belgium (3rd division and above).

Season 2008/9

A poor season 1st up with a very disappointing 9th placed finish, especially after promising the board promotion. Frankly I was very surprised to keep my job and I vowed to take the club to the Championship the following season.

league1table.jpg?t=1255275487

The club turned a reasonable profit for the year and in terms of signings, Gary Deegan from Bohemians and Scott Duncan from Ross County look promising.

transferss1.jpg?t=1255275705

Season summary

League 1 - 8th

FA cup - 3rd round

League cup - 3rd round

JPT - 1st round

Golden Boot - Jermaine Beckford (33)

Season 2009/10

After the disappointments of the 1st season, this one proved much more successful. A great run of form saw us win the league 1 title, finishing 3 points ahead of 2nd placed Peterborough. The board seemed happy with my performance and we looked forward to next seasons return to the Championship...

leaguewin.jpg?t=1255276141

As with last season the club turned a good profit, Marko Balazic and Denis Alibec looking the pick of the new signings, along with the relatively big money signing of Stachowiak from Bordeaux.

transfers2.jpg?t=1255276356

Season summary

League 1 - 1st

FA cup - 3rd round

League cup - 1st round

JPT - Northern semi final

Golden boot - Jermaine Beckford (28)

Right that's a brief overview so far, I'm currently halfway through my first season in the Championship. If anyone wants anymore info on the save so far just ask!

Season 2010/11 review

July

Pre season was not entirely convincing, we wrapped up wins over Farsley, Guiseley and Wrexham, a draw at Blackpool and defeats to St Mirren and Liverpool.

A budget of £4.4m for transfers allowed me to make a few signings, the main arrivals were: Krystian Pearce - £900,000 from Birmingham and young forward Vincent Acapandie (£100,000 from Auxerre) and Ahmed Kahlil (£180,000 from Al-Ahli)

A few fringe players left the club, adding around £500,000 back to the pot.

August-October

The championship season kicked off with a 1-1 draw against Nottingham Forest before we crashed out of the league cup with a heavy 3-0 defeat at Sheffield United.

Our first league win of the campaign came with a 2-1 victory over Watford 4 games in.

Record

W4 D6 L4

Best result 2-1 vs Waford - Always important to get your 1st 3 points under your belt.

Worst result 1-2 vs Southend - A really disappointing defeat against one of our fellow promoted sides.

November-December

Another fairly inconsistent few months for the club as we scored plenty but also conceded quite a few

Record

W5 D3 L3

Best result 2-0 vs Sheffield Utd - A great result against one of the better sides in the league, also revenge for the earlier cup defeat.

Worst result 1-4 vs Preston - A terrible show against a team we should be competing with.

Archived