do you think there should be an option to be a player manager

No, I don't think this would be a good idea. Otherwise it would be called Player Football Manager 2010. Lol

In fifa 10 u can play manager mode and obviously controll the players. Thats closer to player manager as u can be

It could be sensibly implemented. On the pitch you'd just be another player following the manager's (your) instructions. Not so far-fetched IMHO.

divide - that wouldn't work if a club made an offer for 'you' and the chairman accepted! Or 'you' could fall out with the 'manager' and demand a move away.

I am just wondering how many people who have disagreed with this idea, would use it if it was implemented into the game?

I cant say I will or will not, it would be another option for people who may want to use it or try it.

Now should it be implemented, why not its part of football management, but is it worth adding on? How would it improve the general game play? How will the relationship worl between you and your aquad? owners? fans etc..

I would surely agree with this idea.. since a lot of features could be implemented such as: having a girlfriend would affect your player's relationship with the media, sponsors, the boss and your girlfriend.. a gift's system could be implemented to buy your virtual girlfriend a gift to increase the relationship status. Other ideas could easily be seen too. :) Even if this idea would be implemented without taking control of one player but just him play, you would need to take decisions if you were in his position and see the reaction of the media etc...

I don't think it would work. For a start, you'd have to start yourself as a 20 yeard old manager to get any long-term play out of the thing. I still remember Player Manager by Anco with my old joystick. Good times. ;)

What would happen lets say if you were a player manager for your chosen club, and then some other club offered ridiculous amounts of money for you, that was too good to turn down, what would happen then? you could manage club x and play for club y.

What would happen lets say if you were a player manager for your chosen club, and then some other club offered ridiculous amounts of money for you, that was too good to turn down, what would happen then? you could manage club x and play for club y.

Good point:thup:

no for me its called football manager for a reason;)

Archived