Gutted...........so close

Still playing 08 as never really liked 09.

In 2049 with Cambridge City. In all my life of playing FM/CM (10+ years) i can't remember going a whole season without losing (I may have done, just can't remember doing it, i'm sure many of you on here have). I went so close tonight. Played 36 games without a loss but then lost in my 37th match! Gutted

Fixtures.jpg

League.jpg

I once went undefeated on FM08. Finished 4th on the season though as injuries and bad form amongst my strikers meant I didn't score much. Lots of draws, very frustrating.

The next season though all my strikers were firing, won the league scoring 120 some goals and I think 101 points or something close. I think I had one early season loss to Preston NE, iirc.

I just lost out on the premiership title the other day to Man Utd on the last day of the season as Arsenal.

Man Utd 77

Arsenal 76

Chelsea 73

My last game was away to West Ham and United's last game was at home to Chelsea. As long as United didn't win I had a chance if I could get a win (a tie was no good because United had a superior goal difference).

United ended up losing to Chelsea 2-1 and my boys were completely inept. Tied 0-0.

Man Utd 77

Arsenal 77

Chelsea 76

ughhhh!!!

Last night I reached the climax of my FM09 career. I wanted to leave a legacy in my Hall of Fame so I was rushing through my last season. I'd won the quadruple (Champs League, EPL, FA cup and League Cup) and was given the reigns as England manager for a shot at the Euro Championships.

I'd holidayed too far and found my 23-man squad had been picked without a number of the players I wanted - bummer. Even so, I was scraping through with draws and single goal victories. In the quarters I had a thrilling game with Italy in which we went into time added-on at 3-3. Last second we got a penalty. Lampard steps up - keeper parries it - to Rooney. Rooney hits it - keeper saves again and pushes it to the edge of the area - Gerrard's waiting - GOAL!! 4-3.

Semis - 0-0 against Spain, we win the penalty shoot-out. Into the final against Holland; I'm counting those HoF points. 89th minute, we're looking strong for extra time and confident with penalties. Bu99er - they score and snatch the prize from my hands.

That was my last game in my entire FM09 career. It was a save that lasted 93 game-days. 93 feckin' days and it's blown in the LAST MINUTE. Boo hoo.

Shhhh. Don't tell everyone. I don't want to get a bad name around here :D

Around here? Dude, I went to my local supermarket yesterday and two girls who work there were chatting about you being a cheat. Al though that could have been a whole different kind of cheating, hmmm.

Man, nice job Padders, though i see it has gone out of control, with each game having like at least 5-6 goals scored.

NepenthenZ, really expect anyone to believe you there? lol Good nerves though.

I can see some 1-0s, 2-1s, 0-0s, and 1-1s in there. In real life, there are more goals being scored these days due to the increased flightiness of the ball, so I'd just think of it that way. :D

Man, nice job Padders, though i see it has gone out of control, with each game having like at least 5-6 goals scored.

NepenthenZ, really expect anyone to believe you there? lol Good nerves though.

Eugh... I knew people would start this cheating lark :D

Can someone "credible" on this forum please defend my innocence :D

FWIW : you can follow every step of my 40 year career in this thread.

It has full detailed screen shots of everything I've ever done in my career. :thup:

Believe me now?

Eugh... I knew people would start this cheating lark :D

Can someone "credible" on this forum please defend my innocence :D

FWIW : you can follow every step of my 40 year career in this thread.

It has full detailed screen shots of everything I've ever done in my career. :thup:

Believe me now?

Heh. It's always the forum regulars that get accused.

A few months ago I think it was Dafuge being accused of cheating. :D

Can you post up more of your progress please Padders.

Currently playing a St. Albans City save on 08 and working my way up. Long way to go still though. :D

How long did you spend in League One out of interest? Which league was most difficult to get out of?

C.

Here you go. Took awhile to get out of non-league divisons

untitled1.jpg

Villa are in The Championship

Villa.jpg

I lost a chance to go unbeaten on 08 as well in the last few games of a season. I'd stormed the Scottish Third Division, won all matches from around December-April, then my players just gave up in the last few games! We lost twice in the last three games because of it. They were so not bothered i put my reserves in instead and we then won our last match. I wasn't too annoyed because promotion is promotion, and we did it in style too, but still. Going unbeaten is the icing on the cake.

Good work Padders.

Take it this is your own edited database then because I *think* Cambridge City didn't get demoted from the Conference South until 2008/09 season, meaning they would have started in Conference South in FM08?

Also, what is the story behind Cambridge United in the Premier League? How did they get there? :eek:

Good to have a rival in there for top flight derby days though. :D

Regards,

C.

Good work Padders.

Take it this is your own edited database then because I *think* Cambridge City didn't get demoted from the Conference South until 2008/09 season, meaning they would have started in Conference South in FM08?

Also, what is the story behind Cambridge United in the Premier League? How did they get there? :eek:

Good to have a rival in there for top flight derby days though. :D

Regards,

C.

No haven't done any editing. Have used an update though can't remember which one though. Went on holiday first season but took them over in the July when the promoted sides are showing with no manager

Take it you are in the favoured personnel list there (guessing from your username!)

If so, when did you get added?

C.

Yes he is a favoured personnel. You can see his name on the screenshots at the top left of the screen under the Cambridge Badge.

Archived