Rivalries in FM 2010

As a Shrewsbury Town fan, I was wondering whether or not SI had assigned Port Vale as a rival as since they have come down to League 2 quite a fierce rivalry has developed, due to the close proximity of the clubs, etc. Just wondering if it had been updated, as this wasn't present in FM 09?

How about dynamic rivalries in game that either develop over time, or as soon as you reach a league where you have geographical rivals as mentioned above? For example, i had a long Gateshead save on 09 and my only rivals were Blyth Spartans, understandable as they were in the same league. Many seasons later, i got Gateshead to the premiership yet my rivals remained unchanged. Surely, after having a few tussles with Cardiff and Gillingham on the way up, they should be classed as rivals (like Liverpool and Chelsea, whose rivalry is based mainly on the amount of times they have met. Also when i got to the prem, teams like Newcastle, Sunderland and Middlesborough should be added to my rivals due to the geography. Its too late for FM10, but maybe in the future.......

How about dynamic rivalries in game that either develop over time, or as soon as you reach a league where you have geographical rivals as mentioned above? For example, i had a long Gateshead save on 09 and my only rivals were Blyth Spartans, understandable as they were in the same league. Many seasons later, i got Gateshead to the premiership yet my rivals remained unchanged. Surely, after having a few tussles with Cardiff and Gillingham on the way up, they should be classed as rivals (like Liverpool and Chelsea, whose rivalry is based mainly on the amount of times they have met. Also when i got to the prem, teams like Newcastle, Sunderland and Middlesborough should be added to my rivals due to the geography. Its too late for FM10, but maybe in the future.......

I agree with this, I'm in my 5th year with Chelsea and have played Juventus every year in the Champions League. I have eliminated them twice, but they won a final against me. We have also met in one group stage. I consider them a rival now.

Dynamic rivalries should undoubtedly be in place, either developing due to geographical proximity or particularly feisty games. I plan on playing as either Chelmsford or Truro City in my first FM2010 save. Chelmsford will probably have derbies with Colchester and Southend after promotion to the Football League. I'd expect Truro to be rivals with Plymouth and Exeter.

Perhaps there should be a way of changing these rivalries in the editor?

That sounds good. Would it be cheating for me to raise a team's reputation so they can get promoted for dafuge's challenge, and then lower it again once they've been promoted? Does the editor have that capability too? It might save me several hours of reloads trying to get a team up, so I'm sure you can see why I'm asking. ;)

I agree with this, I'm in my 5th year with Chelsea and have played Juventus every year in the Champions League. I have eliminated them twice, but they won a final against me. We have also met in one group stage. I consider them a rival now.

Yeah, you should be able to say in a press conference that you now consider them to be a rival. (That option should only become available when you meet in X number of highprofile European matches, or X number of meetings in the league once you get a team promoted like the Gateshead Newcastle example from someone else)

I maybe wrong but aren't dynamic rivalries already in the game?? I'm sure I've read they are.

If they are, it must happen very rarely. Its not happened to me in 3 long term saves plus about 7 medium term saves. I dont see wht we should have to use the editor to create rivalries, they should be dynamic. I've never used an editor, and never will! Its just the way i roll.... ;)

That sounds good. Would it be cheating for me to raise a team's reputation so they can get promoted for dafuge's challenge, and then lower it again once they've been promoted? Does the editor have that capability too? It might save me several hours of reloads trying to get a team up, so I'm sure you can see why I'm asking. ;)

You'd need to download FMRTE. The editor can only edit things before the game has started.

You'd need to download FMRTE. The editor can only edit things before the game has started.

I'm proud of never using FMRTE before, so I'd much rather maintain my honour if I have the choice. I guess I'll wait and see how high Truro's reputation will be before I make a decision. Thanks. :)

I think Truro is in the FM09 database. You can check their reputation already.

I've uninstalled FM09, but I could reinstall it. Truro have had four promotions on the bounce and are on the favourites to get five, but as a side that's just been promoted to the Southern Premier League I don't think their reputation will be high enough for them to get promoted to the BSS without dozens of reloads or tweaking it with the RTE.

Archived