Whos the best Assistant Manager you've worked with??

Got to be pako ayest something(sorry dont know his surname...the ex liverpool ass man who just left)for me...hes unbelievable..i can trust him to win matches when im on holiday...infact im beginning to trust him more than myself...atleast my team dosnt miss 7-8 one on ones with him in charge!! icon_wink.gif

Got to be pako ayest something(sorry dont know his surname...the ex liverpool ass man who just left)for me...hes unbelievable..i can trust him to win matches when im on holiday...infact im beginning to trust him more than myself...atleast my team dosnt miss 7-8 one on ones with him in charge!! icon_wink.gif

gianpiero ventrone, for sure. chendo is also very good, but not on every start game. and most of the time my scouts have 20 on every ass. man. rating (man handling, motivation, discipline, determination, judging, tactics bla bla).

in cm3 there was a greek guy (something somethingon) and he was god. also, once i had batistuta as my captain, top goalscorer and assistant manager. was fun. aaah the old days.

In 07, I signed Chris Sutton for Swindon in the second season, then after he retired a few seasons after, I made him coach. Next season, he was assistant, and he was excellent. I took his advice, and signed players who got me into the Premiership, then into the uefa cup.

I moved to Aston Villa after about 9 seasons, and I took him with me (where he wanted £20,000 a week!) After two seasons, he left to become the Man Utd boss. icon_frown.gif

Ed De Goey - FM08

Became my 2nd in command in my first season at Sparta Rotterdam, where after two seasons of team building we won the Dutch cup and finished second in the league, getting into the Champions League, and beating their dread rivals Feyenoord 5 times in the season (including the cup final)!

He then followed me when I moved to Stade Rennais, where we got the team out of debt and to being two times league winners, three times French cup winners, two times Coupe de la Ligue winners and two time Champions League winners in four seasons!

Never before have I put much stock in who was my right hand man, but I cannot negate his influence. Even if he's just a lucky charm, God knows he's the luckiest charm I've ever found in FM!

Now he's just moved to Real Madrid with me and I hope we can continue the journey together in to legend...

Dr. Hans Dieter Hermann is my current assistant manager. His coaching stats aren't great, but he's got 20s for motavation, tactical knowledge, determination, man management, working with youngsters, adapatability and mental coaching. 16s for judging ability/potential too icon_smile.gif.

• 2 months later...

I recently started playing FM08 after the latest patch and I have got in an assistant manager called Barry Hunter, for my Bishops Stortford side in the Blue Square South.

I also select him as my captain and his personality is a "Born Leader", so I hope that will work quite well, Influence is 20 etc.

I utilise his opinion at half point on team talks and use his comments as a template, which I then where I deem necessary

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JJU:

Marcel Desailly has been good for me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i second that, i love Marcel icon_biggrin.gif

i did get Pako Ayes.. back with Liverpool but he demanded too much money icon_frown.gif

My worst was Dave Bassett at Leeds. He was just pants. I kept him for a while and by the time I wanted rid, the board refused to let me sack him. He retired second season into the Prem so I pinched Nigel Pearson from Newcastle and he is just brilliant. With a new game on 8.0.2, though, his stats drop dramatically.

In FM07 I always ended up with Pincolli or Scala who did a fine job.

In FM08 I'd love to have Rene Meulenstien (sp?) from Man Yoo, but I'm Leeds so I won't come.

Am planning on starting a new game soon as the new Geordie Messiah, so may have some more cash. Although, I'll probably stick with our Nigel.

Archived