Starting FM 2010 with manager history

I know its not possible to continue a game on from a previous fm edition as it would be too complicated but does anyone think it would be a good idea to be able to start FM 2010 with a back story as its a shame sometimes when you have had a long succesful career and have built a good reputation then you have to start a fresh with no reputation when the new game comes out?

This would be an easy edition to the game, some might say it is cheating but i don't think it is as you can already choose if you where an international footballer or just sunday league.

i personally think we should have a feature where we can write a short playing history for ourselves

example

john smith played at leeds for 12 years a club he supported as a boy before going on to get his coaching badges

obviously you would have your own ways of inventing your playing days but it would be a nice touch to see it in the game when you get your first managers job and it flashes up in the media

instead of team X have appointed a virtual unknown in john smith, only time will tell if he will be successful

I know its not possible to continue a game on from a previous fm edition as it would be too complicated but does anyone think it would be a good idea to be able to start FM 2010 with a back story as its a shame sometimes when you have had a long succesful career and have built a good reputation then you have to start a fresh with no reputation when the new game comes out?

This would be an easy edition to the game, some might say it is cheating but i don't think it is as you can already choose if you where an international footballer or just sunday league.

This wouldn't work particularly well for me as in my game I am currently age 57, if I were to play for the same length in FM10 it would take me from age 57 to 86, which I consider a bit unrealistic. I would prefer to start again with my real age to have a career that uses a realistic age span.

Not only that, but if you are talking about transfering your manager history over from one FM to another then there will be big issues with dates and wont make sense at all..

EG: on FM09 you have played upto 2015 and have won the EPL with Aston Villa in 2010-2015

then when you transfer your manager history over on FM10 then you would be replaying those seasons again.. (how would that work out?)

well i really hope that made some sense lol.. kinda late at night here.

This wouldn't work particularly well for me as in my game I am currently age 57, if I were to play for the same length in FM10 it would take me from age 57 to 86, which I consider a bit unrealistic. I would prefer to start again with my real age to have a career that uses a realistic age span.
Not only that, but if you are talking about transfering your manager history over from one FM to another then there will be big issues with dates and wont make sense at all..

EG: on FM09 you have played upto 2015 and have won the EPL with Aston Villa in 2010-2015

then when you transfer your manager history over on FM10 then you would be replaying those seasons again.. (how would that work out?)

well i really hope that made some sense lol.. kinda late at night here.

Did you two even read the OP? He asks for the ability to MAKE a backstory, not to transfer one. For instance, if you're a big Man U fan, you could set your history so you have managed Man U for a year or two before you actually start the game. Or maybe set up a history of you managing smaller clubs before joining whatever team you wish to join.

It would actually add a little bit of realism to the game, as long as you don't overdo it. After all, even your local amateur team would turn you down if you applied for a manager job there, unless you have history as a football player in the club or have been known enough in the area for people to recognise you as a manager candidate. Even they won't settle for some random person who doesn't know anything about the game, tactics or actual training.

Did you two even read the OP? He asks for the ability to MAKE a backstory, not to transfer one.

Of course I read it, maybe I was reading between the lines though as this bit suggested to me a transfer of information from a previous game:

its a shame sometimes when you have had a long succesful career and have built a good reputation then you have to start a fresh with no reputation when the new game comes out?

Does it not to you?

Archived