Please, please, please let me get what I want.....

Am loving the concept of the tactical interface for FM10, and am loving my experiences with the recently discovered FM09 tactic wizard.....BUT.....I feel it is essential that the Community give some advice on "what to do when" against particular tactics or scenarios. I have kinda worked it out for myself but am usually a goal or two behind before I crack getting my team to play like Brazil in each in-match situation. I, and maybe others, would surely benefit from a tactical materclass that is a little more highbrow than "Wot tactix wercs?".

Can we please see some in depth analysis of matches & events to help our (my!) understanding?

:-)

There is a tactics forum here in which there are very detailed discussions about this issue and where many people can help you out.

+1 on that, the guys helping in the tactics forum are generally very helpfull and will give you good advice...the other avenue is to download a set of tactics for certain situations and adapt them to your team, changing little bits here and there so that it works with the players youve got.

i had problems trying to get anywhere with my beloved peterborough united on fm09 but, a few convo's with the guys in the tactics forum a download of tylerbode v6, a few tweaks later and 9 years in i managed to get my hands on the prem title

I know this is a boaring answer but the tactics forum is the best place for you. But you have to spend time and do the reading not just expect a winning formula/quick fix!

Wrong! :D You could just download a tactic tbf. Thats something ive never done though as i've always tried to work myself around it. I call it learning ;)

tiger: when the demo comes out, I will be creating an in-depth guide to the shouts, possibly with wwfan. That should help you :thup:

Thanks. Yes the previous replys all miss the point, of course I have thoroughly read the "documents", have them printed and by my side always, and many other non-FM related football tactic theories. I confess I have read few "This great tactic" threads but those I have read are not universal, they are scenario specific and are based just on starting formation / slider tweaking. That bit I have nailed with the help of wfan & his theories.My enquiry relates to that weakness in the forums - namely in-depth analysis of an actual match situation and the ebb & flow & tactical tinkering there-in, in detail. OK if Sciag analyses Inter v Barca in an FM ECL match that may not have much relevance to my Bournemouth v Bury JPT 1st round match - but the whole point is not the quick fix but "getting into the mindset of an FM manager". Hope that makes sense.

Archived