Womans League

hahahahahaha... Women play football??

Only joshing, can't help but think this would be a bridge too far, if you start down that road what about disabled football, amputee football... good thought though, hadn't thought about it before...

Would be possible. As I remember in last years data editor, there was an option to select gender.

Although as Samuelburrowsuk mentioned, you'd have to create thousands of individual players...

I think you could create the database - I just don't think the restriction could be enforced on the AI. The Doncaster Belles would be snapping up players from the Blue Square South constantly!

I wonder if one of the lower football league sides would take a punt on Kelly Smith or any of her England Women's team-mates?!

I think you could create the database - I just don't think the restriction could be enforced on the AI. The Doncaster Belles would be snapping up players from the Blue Square South constantly!

I wonder if one of the lower football league sides would take a punt on Kelly Smith or any of her England Women's team-mates?!

Very interesting question :)

Very interesting question :)

Thanks!

From the limited Women's football I have seen, there isn't a huge technical gap any more between the two 'codes', the mental gap is non existent which just leaves the physical gap - pretty damn huge. In Football Manager terms though, there would be plenty of Lower League sides willing to take on a double-figure-attributed technical and mental player though, even if they only had 2 or 3 for Strength.

I keep seeing people mention how far down the football league pyramid they will be editing, which got me thinking...

Would it be possible to create the Womans football league?

as the great sepp blatter said about womens football they should were tighter shorts:p

i think it is a crazy idea. but i bet there are many people who would love this so who am i to argue:)

I think it's something that should be considered for the future on FM. They already have the gender checkbox, and I can't imagine it would be too difficult to code in rules about only signing or playing female players. It'd also mean they'd have to introduce more female coaches and backroom staff, which would be great because I could finally win the Champion's League with an all-woman backroom team without resorting to using the editor.

You could stop the signings of "foreigners" all together.

Isn't the gender checkbox greyed out for players?

FWIW I don't think Kelly Smith would play for a League 2 side, she's too old really. In her prime, probably.

I think it's something that should be considered for the future on FM. They already have the gender checkbox, and I can't imagine it would be too difficult to code in rules about only signing or playing female players. It'd also mean they'd have to introduce more female coaches and backroom staff, which would be great because I could finally win the Champion's League with an all-woman backroom team without resorting to using the editor.

If they can put code in the game already which stops certain teams from signing certain players (i.e. Ath Bilbao only signing players from their region, Basque), surley it wouldn't take much code to say that certain teams could only sign women footballers?

I say the more options that are left up to the individual the better, just because 1 person might not want to play or use the women's league, doesn't mean that there wouldn't be any demand for it.

It would be a good challenge to take on, as there wouldn't be much funds for transfers that is for sure.

And anything that gives us something different to try is ok by me.

I'm sure you could create a database of women's-only teams with the editor, but it would be a huge job. You'd have to delete all the existing players and staff and create hundreds or thousands of women. Alternatively, if each person has a male/female tick-box you could just change everybody's gender!

This should not be included because it has very little interaction with mens football. It's like including the masters league or something, when in fact they are basically two different sports because very few people cross over. The players don't, only the odd coach and manager.

I don't know how many people would actually be interested in spending much time playing with a female league, only a small fraction of the total FM playerbase, meaning it's probably not in SI's best interests. And then to make sure the leagues work correctly, all of the rules would have to be added and amended. Then you get to the issue of creating/balancing rules for female players' growth and development. Since male players have different physical stats and mature/decline at different times than women, all this would have to be recoded. And then of course there would always be the people who claim the game is sexist or isn't portraying women's football correctly, no matter what SI does.

That's just my two cents on the issue, though.

Would be possible. As I remember in last years data editor, there was an option to select gender.

Although as Samuelburrowsuk mentioned, you'd have to create thousands of individual players...

As far as I've found out only non-playing staff could be selected as female.

As has been mentioned, the women's game and the men's game has very few, if any, interaction with each other. So I don't see why we should introduce what is essentially a different sport into FM.

If anything, there should be a separate FM game for women's football.

As has been mentioned, the women's game and the men's game has very few, if any, interaction with each other. So I don't see why we should introduce what is essentially a different sport into FM.

If anything, there should be a separate FM game for women's football.

I don't see how it's a different sport. It's the same sport but with a different gender. It's not like comparing tennis to badminton.

I would like SI to include the option to create female players (who cannot be purchased by male football teams), then the community could create an update for those interested. I'd be interested in playing it as I don't know the female football players; I've only seen some International games.

I don't see how it's a different sport. It's the same sport but with a different gender. It's not like comparing tennis to badminton.

I would like SI to include the option to create female players (who cannot be purchased by male football teams), then the community could create an update for those interested. I'd be interested in playing it as I don't know the female football players; I've only seen some International games.

yea Ithink there should be a section after reserve, u18 they should put women team.

You'd get a physio report " Player X is pregnant and will be out for at least 9 months". Action treat with physio or send home. Sending home reduces likelyhood of other players becoming broody.

lol wou do get player out for 2 years?

Archived