Taking a tier 10 team to the top??

With the new editor allowing us to play these teams I wonder that if will be possible to take a team like this to the top.

For example with great success will:

Team reputation increase?

Stadiums and facilities upgrade?

Obviously it should be difficult but I wonder if the game will allow it?

is there seriously gonna be realistic attributes for players that ridicoulously low down? i mean with a bit of training i could get in it!

9 promotions away from the Premier League is hardly 'that ridiculously low down' tbf. There are ex - and potentially future - pros in the County League, it's not that poor a standard.

Check the blogs by Miles. Seems that a few beta testers have already completed databases that extend the English leagues down to level 10. This means that it is possible to take a level 10 team to the premiership (and that's exactly what I intend to fail at :) )

I'm sure these beta testers at SI will release their databases to us on the forums after the release of the game...

is there seriously gonna be realistic attributes for players that ridicoulously low down? i mean with a bit of training i could get in it!

I'm pretty sure that players down at least level 8 are already in the database. Teams lower than level 8 exist in the database, but I'm not sure there are any players included at that level (could be wrong?)...

... A lot of these players have been at top sides academies and just never got full-time contracts. For example at FC United there are 5+ ex-Premiership academy players, and we're in the 7th tier.

It'll definitely be possible, it's one thing FM is perfect for ;)

9 promotions away from the Premier League is hardly 'that ridiculously low down' tbf. There are ex - and potentially future - pros in the County League, it's not that poor a standard.

i agree beckford came from tier 7 and look at him now :) also craig makail smith and aaron mclean both came from tier 7 or 8 i believe before peterborough

although the majority will be ridiculous players - still alot better than me though

i'm really looking forward to taking garforth town up a few divisions and maybe making the league 2 status :)

Unless I've missed anything, all player attributes will still be 1-20. On this basis, how on earth are they going to manage to diffrentiate between players that are in (say) tier 10 and tier 9? Surely both will be 1's all round? I played a few conference south games and most of the (admittedly average/slightly below average) players there had 3's in the 'key' attributes for their position.

Maybe I'm the only one...or one of the few, but I don't know that Iwant to take a Tier 10 team to the top.

Now don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't want to succeed, but I'm not sure it would entirely be likely to happen and I want to partake of a game that is realistic.

I'd be much more content taking Poole Town to the brink of league football and getting that summons to a higher level of management.

Of course if I did things the real way and the game's economic models were as realistic as possible (teams seem to be easily able to make money in FM) then I guess it could be done, but not as fast as many people will report doing so.

Each to their own I guess, but if people come on here and report that they have gotten Clymping to the Premiership in 12 seasons and then won the Champions league 5 years in a row I'll be dubious. Even more dubious than I am when people do Dafuge's challenge in 9 years. It's up to people how they play but I prefer to see something realistic happen.

Unless I've missed anything, all player attributes will still be 1-20. On this basis, how on earth are they going to manage to diffrentiate between players that are in (say) tier 10 and tier 9? Surely both will be 1's all round? I played a few conference south games and most of the (admittedly average/slightly below average) players there had 3's in the 'key' attributes for their position.

From what I know of non-league football the differentiation between the Conference N/S and level 9 is not really all that great. Non-league football has restrictions and a lot of good teams are likely to be denied promotion due to stadia criteria.

I know a fair bit more about the Wessex league than I do other leagues and I happen to know that Poole Town could well be a couple of leagues higher than they currently are if they had a stadium. They currently play on a school playing field and have been denied promotion to the Southern league for this reason. Don't be surprised to see players with regular 10s at that level.

Of course there are teams at that level who aren't as good. I still don't think there will be a problem with stats until to you reach a few levels lower. The lower quality of players at level 9/10 will be 4s/5s I think.

A problem may start showing itself if some decides to play down to level 12/13 and on. I think it's after level 10/11 where things turn very amateur.

I shall give it a go and see how it turns out, though I've been considering stopping at level 8. The fact that I'd like to manage in the Wessex league is giving me some decision problems. It's actually more the lack of players in the database than the differentiation in stats that concerns me.

Im hoping someone does a level 8, Southern Football League Division One Midlands (Zamaretto League Division One Midlands) update. That way i can take Rugby Town up through the league system, something ive always wanted to do on FM as its the place where i live currently.

Your wish will be my command ;)

Depending on how my editing session goes, I aim to have it out very quickly.

Ooh lovely. Thankies. :D

Just becasue SuzieMUFC flashes her eyelids, people go running ;):D

"Eyelid flashing" sounds a bit painful, actually. Is a blowtorch involved?

Archived