New Thought for Future FM's

As said in the title, I would love to get some feedback from the FM-community about the thought that popped-up in my head this evening.

We all know that in the latest editions of FM, players have agents. Some people, including myself, even had an agent offer a player who is unsettled at a club. Which is in my honest opinion a great addition to FM.

Now I would love to see something similar to managers. Every manager these days have some sort of agent. For Example: If you start a game in FM10 unemployed, you can choose your agent, with stats. The choice is offcourse between some shady agents or bad ones. The agent you pick will help you find a club, even if you didn't apply to one. The agent is simple suggesting he could help you find a spot at Braintree, while their manager is currently under fire. Something in these lines.

As a manager progresses he will either stick to his agent or he's moving to someone else. This could be because your contract ran out with the previous agent, or you think you can spill your own pees, or you want to have a higher profile agent. A better agent means more links to other/better clubs.

I think this would be a great option, because the game will be more about the "human" manager. The gossip and rumors hinting your agent is being busy in your name would also be a great way to suck someone in the game.

I really would love feedback over this thought. Apoligies for the horrible English I use, grammar isn't my thing and English is not my natural language.

Cheers

I do think that this could be a good idea for the game, if fm decides to go down down the route of realism then it should be added. However, i don't actually know how many top managers have agents or i haven't heard of them having agents. One bad element of this i suppose would be that it defeats the object of you picking and choosing teams you want to manage, if your agent is going to do it all for you. This could add a little element of surprise in the game at the begging though.

This is an idea I haven't heard before and it's not bad at all. One common criticism is that as a manager you don't hear about other vacancies - your agent could inform you of the ones he recommends, but you'd have the final say. It's a bit like your assman filtering realistic transfer targets.

That could be a minimum starting-point. The manager's agent could evolve to have a stable of players on his/her books who would be more partial to sign for you. I wouldn't want the agent to be any more intrusive than that and I'm not sure I'd welcome choosing a dodgy agent.

Good call Hoekstar.

Thanks lads,

I came up with the idea the other day. As I was roaming through the forums I read something about agents.

There is a game on the market called:"Soccer Life", who introduce an agent for you. The game is awfull (really!, don't play it.) but the agent part is marginal. He/she only finds clubs for you if you want to.

Now this crossed my mind with FM. I think the part of an agent will be marginal, but could be really interesting for a "human" manager. If I assumed right, the gossip and rumors in FM10 will be better and far more detailed, interesting and wild then ever before. Even the addition of subscribing to news (like subscribing to a newspaper). I can see a roll for an agent, because the agent will link the "human" manager to all the news. I would like that, because I always like that I can find news about myself. In FM09 you get linked to other jobs by declaring interest or contract expirement.

Thanks for the feedback.

Cheers

I think this is a good idea, they really do need to get the agents more involved. Also I just wondered what people think of this idea?

A good idea for player/media interaction would be a player getting in trouble off the pitch and the manager either supporting the player or condoning his actions to the media, and behind closed doors try and help the player or ship him out of the club.

Just think of David Bentley drink driving or the Paul Merson drug addiction and alcoholism these would be great features to add, and would help towards man management stats.

Would like to see more interaction with players you want to be able to sign for example say you have a player in your sights who will become a free agent the following summer be nice to tell him to run down his contract so i could get him on a pre contract agreement, could be another job for the agent contacting the player and letting him know i was interested.

Top idea Hoekstar. I would love to see this implemented.

Also the whole idea of player interactions definitely needs more development. At the moment you're really limited as to what you can say to a player. There have been hundreds of times where a player will get jaded because he took something the wrong way in a press conference and I long to be able to either apologize or explain my reasons behind what I said.

Essentially, I'd like a bit more randomness in regards to player 'events'. I second what biff1986 said: We all know that Footballers tend not to be model citizens and barely a week goes by without reports of some drunken antic or domestic incident in the life of a player.

It would be great to have these things happening occasionally and then being able to essentially do a bit of 'life coaching'...

But anyway, yeah, bring in the agents :)

Never thought or heard of this idea before, and I have to say its inspired. Not something I'd really use but I'm sure most would, and I might be tempted occasionally myself. Not sure about the player events thing, if only because of the number of threads there would be about the game cheating and robbing people of their best players before key games and such, and how the whole system is broken.

Archived