What sort of goals do you like to score?

As the title says - what sort of goals do you like scoring? Obviously they all count, but I would far rather see my strikers or AM score from inside the box latching onto through balls or crosses than from long range shots.

I would rather my wingers skin someone and blast it into the far corner or cut inside and bend one in, than them score an open goal at the far post.

I seem to score far more of the latter in each scenario than the former.

What do you like?

Crosses being converted, or players rounding the keeper.

Hardly ever see either, it's normally blasted when one on one with the keeper. I love to see skillfully worked goals but my teams are rarely good enough to perform them.

I dont mind how i score as long as we score plenty. I'd rather win 6-5 than 1-0. Its always nice to see a 25-yarder go flying in though...

To be fair, it never looks as spectacular as it should. My theory is that the net doesn't ripple enough. In fact, it barely ripples at all. Also, you can always tell whether a shot is going in or not, which takes something away from it.

A 1 or 2 touch passing move where all my players are moving into space then the ball is passed through to my striker who has just stayed onside and he slides the ball into the corner, not that I see many of them since players move with the intelligence of the blonde one who won big brother.

We break up the oppositions attack from the defence. The defensive midfielder and back four knock the ball about before advancing up the pitch. Now the creative midfielders do their bit with some trickery before the ball is played to the winger. The winger skins his marker and players a killer ball into the six yard box where the centre forward finishes like all poachers should do! I would say a 40 yard screamer but they are not sustainable and can not be relied upon all the time!!! :)

I like scoring goals when my striker holds up the ball for a man sprinting forward from midfield straight through the middle of the opposition defence and that midfielder scores a cool finish.

I also like any goal my strikers score.

I only really like headed corner goals if they are late winners.

The best goals for me are while playing my HSV save, bringing Roman Riquelme on as a sub after about 60 mins if im drawing the match, and watching him plant a screamer from about 35 yards into the top right corner. It always brings a smile to my face :D

There are no goals that I like to score, however as for my players I'm fine with simple close-in ones as those are the ones they should be getting. Corners as well though because even without the corner bug my main side have mostly been very good at those, getting plenty a season, which often make a massive difference.

What I love seeing is my team score after combining properly. When 20+ yarders earn me wins I'm always left with the impression that it was a fluke win.

But my favorite has to be when my pacy striker beats the offside trap, runs onto a long ball and passes it into the back of the net. Pure class :D

I love well played goals. It's rarely the goal itself that makes it good (unless we're talking longshots), it's always the play setting it up. The perfect pass that slices through the defence and the striker scoring easily, the great counter-attack where you snatch the ball from their wingers and quickly pass and run the ball up along the field, crossing it into the head of a striker who heads it in and the likes.

35-yard curling undeflected screamers? I score a couple of those a season.

Others are passing moves involving 2-3 key passes - yeah, sometimes it looks like they're walking the ball into the net but it actually happens.

Archived