FM2010 blogs Day 26 - Watch official Trailer.

for tomorrow blog, what does it mean "achievements" that Miles writes in this blog?

It's for Steam. A lot of games on there have "achievements" that you...achieve by doing certain things in games. Like for an FPS game it is to kill so many people, so for football manager it might be like having a player score a hat-trick or winning a match in injury time or something...

It's for Steam. A lot of games on there have "achievements" that you...achieve by doing certain things in games. Like for an FPS game it is to kill so many people, so for football manager it might be like having a player score a hat-trick or winning a match in injury time or something...

thanks!!!!

If that's the case, I have to say: "That sucks"! I don't want FM to turn into FIFA or any other big X-Box title.. :S

If that's the case, I have to say: "That sucks"! I don't want FM to turn into FIFA or any other big X-Box title.. :S

They are only active if you play the game through (or I imagine activate the game through) Steam. So if you don't use Steam then I imagine it won't affect you. Though if you do use Steam then you'll find a lot of the games they sell come with achievements.

All it entails really is a little pop-up box at the bottom right of your screen when you unlock an achievement. Much like when a friend signs online to msn messenger.

They used Loftus Road last year when Miles was discussing all the new features.

Oh yeah i remeber that interview at Loftus Road :), Did they use Loftus Road in the trailer too? I could'nt tell what stadium was in the background when the players are training.

Was just suprised at how clear you can see the Stadium in this trailer, In past trailers with stadiums they are hard to make out and look made up stadiums, That is if it even is the New Den i could be wrong. On second glance it even looks a bit like one of the stands from Oxford Uniteds stadium ha ha.

They are only active if you play the game through (or I imagine activate the game through) Steam. So if you don't use Steam then I imagine it won't affect you. Though if you do use Steam then you'll find a lot of the games they sell come with achievements.

All it entails really is a little pop-up box at the bottom right of your screen when you unlock an achievement. Much like when a friend signs online to msn messenger.

Yeah, that's what I thought. I just hope this isn't a sign of what's to come. That they (SI) don't start basing your gaming experience on stuff like this.

Let me tell you: I'm glad I ordered the boxed version!

Do you know this for a fact? That sounds like a steam thing, therefore why would Miles mention it in a blog? Anyway, not long to find out.

• SI Staff
Do you know this for a fact? That sounds like a steam thing, therefore why would Miles mention it in a blog? Anyway, not long to find out.

It's is a Steam thing, and shouldn't be a surprise to anyone who read the FM10 "not having DRM" thread, as I mentioned it in there as a "bonus" for anyone who installs the game via Steam (either the boxed copy installed that way, or the digital download version purchased from Steam).

It's is a Steam thing, and shouldn't be a surprise to anyone who read the FM10 "not having DRM" thread, as I mentioned it in there as a "bonus" for anyone who installs the game via Steam (either the boxed copy installed that way, or the digital download version purchased from Steam).

Ahhh ok, thanks for clearing that up Miles.

My problem of using steam is; if your steam account gets hacked (which is very popular in Counter-Strike and other Steam games) and you can't answer your secret question anymore; will you be able to install FM10 on another Steam account? because its already activated on another steam account. Also if you can retrieve your password via the secret question thing (this takes 24h if im right) than you can't play till you have retrieved your password right?

Although this 'Achievement' thing, is this in steam or in FM10 for steam users?

Which one was the "What's more, you'll be a manager, my son" one? That was my favourite... this is good though (y) can't wait for the game :)

That was the trailer for FM08. That is my favourite too it sends shivers down your back,Love the bit when it shows angry fans screaming at the manager and says

If you can keep your head, When all about you are loosing theirs and blaming it on you. If you can trust yourself when the Board, Fans and Media doubt you. If you can save your team from certian relegation with nothing but your will to win, Then give them all the credit, Massarging the egos of 11 men.

Or meet with total disaster and shoulder all the blame, Or stand up to the short sighted board who are demanding more for less ... You will be a manager my son!

Class, The guy who does the voice over for that trailer gives it true meaning :D

That one and the one with the Farmer shouting at the Sheep dog (Bahhh:Refereee:Bahhh. That'll do boy, That'll do!! ha ha) are the best 2 trailers imo. This trailer is ok, Much better than the FM09 trailer.

I'm not a big fan of the new trailer to be completely honest. I felt it was a bit cringeworthy.

I'd like to see something of a manager managing/coaching at a variety of different levels and in different countries. That's what the game is more about to me, the simulation of the whole world of football.

Could start off on some moor or something training a British non league club, switch to a team training or playing in Rio with the Christ statue in the background or something. Back to a manager mid-match in Italy then back to a match/training in Asia etc... you get the picture.

Archived