Continuing games

Will FM one year finally ever decide to allow you to import games from previous versions? This is really one thing that could keep me from upgrading. I want to play my career continuously and uninterrupted. Has this ever oficially been commented on?

Obviously I would be amazed if it were to happen, due to the complexity of it. But why would it reduce sales? Surely it would cut out some of the people that don't buy a new version because they are enjoying there current save. If they can carry on this save in the new version, then they've got no excuse to not buy it.

The difference from one FM to the next years FM is very significant and would be impossible to do.

Also would make no business sense for SEGA or SI to do this as some people would stop buying the latest version. Development funds would reduce from lower sales of new versions and would impact on future quality of the games in the series.

Quite simply one the worst thing a games developer could do commercially, so will never happen.

actually...I think it would encourage people to buy it rather than discourage.

The difference from one FM to the next years FM is very significant and would be impossible to do.

Also would make no business sense for SEGA or SI to do this as some people would stop buying the latest version. Development funds would reduce from lower sales of new versions and would impact on future quality of the games in the series.

Quite simply one the worst thing a games developer could do commercially, so will never happen.

Eh?

How does allowing a game to be played across multiple platforms mean the newer platform won't sell?

If people want to stick with the old game then interoperability is moot.

There will be people who want to play their old saves on new games thanks to interoperability.

Archived