haven't played fm for 4 months

but i cannot wait for fm 2010. I don't know why but every incarnation of FM i tend to play the hell out of it (if that is a viable way to describe my play time i don't know) but then it goes stale for me. I tend to enjoy a little drink and jump into management and no other game i have ever played fully engrosses me as much as this series has and will. I was going to start another game of course the other day but i think i will let it lie now, fm 2010 here i come!

As soon as they announce the next FM, I can't play the one I've got if I don't have a good game already going. Pretty stupid I know, but it just puts me off. I don't want to start a long term game and already feel like I'm missing features! The only game I've played in the last few months was one season as LA Galaxy, god knows why.

As soon as they announce the next FM, I can't play the one I've got if I don't have a good game already going. Pretty stupid I know, but it just puts me off. I don't want to start a long term game and already feel like I'm missing features! The only game I've played in the last few months was one season as LA Galaxy, god knows why.

Im exactly the same.

Soon as the new one is announced, it sort of ruins the current one for me.

I havn't played FM since about 2 months ago. I didn't have a long term game going and I wasn't interested in starting a new one.

I think thats the best way though, as soon as FM10 comes out you'll be completely fresh and brimming with excitement.

well i always start a league where i have never played before when i hear the release date of a new fm i am in south africa right now.. but i have just downloaded a legends database so that will keep me going for a bit:thup:

i never got the same feeling for the game since 08 when i found out you can actually change statistics and players in the editor, i wish i never herd about this damn editor :o

Fm 10 will be different, it will really. What will be in the game will be this time around

Im surprised that Im not the only one feeling like this! I havent played since May or something, and when I heard about FM10 in August I didnt wanted to play until FM10... It has been like this the past 2-3 years.. Dont know why ! :S

Guest sav112

Not played in probably a year since 08, tried the 09 demo but that was it. Used to enjoy the clan nights playing season after season with the lads. But I found FM was getting too much about tick boxes and arrows than good football management. Did I need a idea of who would play well or a calculator?

Players had no feel to them, they left me cold. In the old CM I could more or less build a team from getting to know my players and the players I was bringing in. In Fm recently the player was governed not by the individual skill or own playing brain but by crazy tactics, ticks.

It was too easy to beat the Ai. Certain set ups could mean your CB scoring from corners most times.

The game to me actually set out to teach you lesions of poor management when it had no right. Play three subs too early and bang reliable injury.

So I'll do what i did play the demo and see.

Maybe it was just me but I just could not get to grips as to the problems. In CM of old I knew were the problem lay in my squad with FM it was a mystery. I thought the F was for frustrate.

I was hooked on early CM, I wanted to play on match after match to see the players develop there skills and relationship. I never felt I was close to understanding those slider bars in FM and more worryingly what it was doing to my players, was that forward doing that or that as it was part of his play or was it a setting I did.

So I'm back to trying out the Demo.

Yeah, I usually get about 4 solid months out of a new FM game, then I tend to shelve it for another 4 or 5 months. By September though I get restless for the new game after reading all the news in the forums and start another game up again (which I'm doing now - Vauxhall in the BSS).

yeh as soon as a new fm is announced i always stop playing the current one and uninstall it then either sell the copy (if i can) or if not just throw it away cos once the new one is announced i just cant seem to play the current one im not sure why i think its cos i want a rest period so i can play ps3 a bit more and bascially just get more psyched for the new fm

yeh as soon as a new fm is announced i always stop playing the current one and uninstall it then either sell the copy (if i can) or if not just throw it away cos once the new one is announced i just cant seem to play the current one im not sure why i think its cos i want a rest period so i can play ps3 a bit more and bascially just get more psyched for the new fm

:eek:

Am I the only one who keeps every FM?

Have all of the CMs and FMs sitting on a shelf from CM2 onwards! I keep all of them!

And I could never download a copy of FM because it just wouldn’t be right if I didn’t have a new, shiny FM10 box to put beside the rest of my CM/FM collection! :cool:

C.

well i use my dads laptop and i put it in for like the 4th time, it said that there was no disk in, i heard this wierd noise, i took it out and it had stratches all over the disk. i was like crying !! neway only now my dad gets a new cd drive!! FM10 here i come :)

It's indeed very difficult to continue playing FM09 when the next version is in a few weeks... Last time I play FM09 is about 2 weeks ago, and I played nearly every day... I can't wait for FM10 !

And, like Croucharldinho, I keep nearly every version of the game... (FM05 to 09, plus CM4 and CM02/03. I must have some other versions, somewhere...)

Archived