Scouting Assignments

Far too late, but it really annoys me how you can't tell a scout in advance that you want him to scout the World Cup / African Cup of Nations etc.

You clearly know well in advance WHEN the competitions are going to happen, yet you can't actually tell them to go scout it until the first games have happened.

In real life, you'd have to tell your scout well in advance for him to prepare and get to the country in question!

Agreed it's frustrating that there are so many youth tournaments and i simply forget about them, i could use an option:

scout--> always-->youth tournaments-->u20 world championship

just for an example, i chose the current youth tournament because i think there are a truckload of scouts right now in Egypt.

Agreed it's frustrating that there are so many youth tournaments and i simply forget about them, i could use an option:

scout--> always-->youth tournaments-->u20 world championship

just for an example, i chose the current youth tournament because i think there are a truckload of scouts right now in Egypt.

If I'm not mistaken, once you assign a scout to a competition the assignment stays with him so he'll scout the tournament automatically when it next comes round.

This is something which needs looking at. I often miss international tournaments I want to scout because there's no warning of them happening, and because my scouts can only have one competition on their assignment list at a time.

I've done my own system where I've done a reminder note for each tournament, but even then I can't set a note more than 2 years in the future, so I end up doing a reminder note to set a reminder note.

At the very minimum a warning of when these tournaments happen is needed, and thankfully with the new news section it seems you'll get that warning.

Along with this point, and something i submitted when FM09 came out and they were looking for suggestions for FM10, was asking the scout to be able to look at a player as a squad player. Not a 1st teamer.

For example, (regardless of the Asian market implications) Pak Ji Sung wasn't signed by Man U to slot into the first team, he was signed as a squad player.

I'd like a scout to be able to report back that a player would be a good addition to the squad, and would be happy to be a squad player, with promises of games, but not as a 1st choice. If you get what i mean.

If I'm not mistaken, once you assign a scout to a competition the assignment stays with him so he'll scout the tournament automatically when it next comes round.

no the scout doesn't, the reports from the competition remain on the scout screen until you delete them but thats all.

thie is definitely something that needs improvement, even if its just your assistant notifying you that the competition is on (and you can scout it) a few days before.

Archived