New FM10 Editor

I'm going to be doing this by creating a British league with English, Scottish and Welsh divisions. You have to create a new structure which is more complicated than just adding leagues to an existing system as you would if you just want to add a few English tiers. However, I trust it won't be too tricky.

I'm going to be doing this by creating a British league with English, Scottish and Welsh divisions. You have to create a new structure which is more complicated than just adding leagues to an existing system as you would if you just want to add a few English tiers. However, I trust it won't be too tricky.

I did this in FM09, wasn't too tricky then and FM10 is supposedly much more user friendly, so I imagine it will be a doddle.

Can anyone tell me can you add unlimted amount of leagues to the english league so you could make the hole pyramidof english football now that would be great!

Yes that's the point of the new editor, this years biggest feature so far.

If you have the time and the will you can create as many leagues as you want.

Yes that's the point of the new editor, this years biggest feature so far.

If you have the time and the will you can create as many leagues as you want.

ok sounds good,so do you just add the teams that aint in a league like ashford town middlesex and teams like that or do you have to creat your own!!!

ok sounds good,so do you just add the teams that aint in a league like ashford town middlesex and teams like that or do you have to creat your own!!!

At some level i think down to level 8 you just "activate" the league cause it's already there. From that point on you have to do the dirty work yourself.

Ok so I’ve got this idea for a set of leagues, I want there to be eight leagues:

North / Central America (8 Clubs)

South America (10 Clubs)

West Asia (8 Clubs)

East Asia (9 Clubs)

North West Africa (8 Clubs)

North East Africa (8 Clubs)

South / Central Africa (8 Clubs)

Europe (9 Clubs)

Each of these leagues will be consistent of completely newly created clubs from the countries in their individual areas (EG. North / Central America will have New York F.C. and Kingston F.C. in the same league).

After the regular season has finished, the top two clubs from each league will be entered into a ‘Champions League, or World Cup’ style competition of 16 teams where they have four leagues of four, which then go to knockout stages.

I want the squads to be restricted to ‘home-grown from the club’ players of under- 21 years of age (except three players will be able to be under-23).

Is this possible? Many thanks in advance for your responses!

Nice imaginative idea. One of the great things about the new editor is how many people have been inspired to really think about the structure of football and how they may change it / intrigue in hypothetical scenarios.

There's a short and long answer to your question. The structure + new clubs are definitely possible, although you may find the most time consuming thing is working out and configuring squad lists for all 68 clubs. Beyond that, I'm not sure if the home grown restriction will be editable, although I really hope it is (got a few ideas of my own on this). Might just have to wait until October 30th to find out! In the meantime, might be worth considering your club names and which players will be at which club. This will kill a few days for sure!

Finally, why not check the Editors Forum to see if a similar project is being pursued. If not, post your details in there, you may find some interested people who'd like to pick the squads for some of your continents.

Good luck!

someone mentioned activating leagues. How does this work with the scottish league structure where there is no promotion to the sfl. Is there an option for the next league the winner of that league goes into? if that made any sense

You'll have to change the league rules, eg add promotion from Highland league. It can be done with a couple of clicks.

is it gonna be possible to create a super league where teams from the likes of spain, germany, england get promoted, like wat was meant to be happening but didnt.

Yes it is, and you could do that in previous versions as well.

Not quite sure what you mean when you say "what was meant to be happening but didn't."

My European Super League plans:

16 teams, 4 week break at Christmas. Each team plays home and away, 4 teams are relegated at the end of the season. Winner is the team which finishes top. Teams still contest their domestic cup competitions. Season finishes in mid May. Champions League and Europa League cease to exist.

Domestic top flights are reduced to 16 teams, with final round of league matches finishing in April. Full divisional structure remains in place below. Top 2 sides in each of the 32 biggest UEFA Nations (sorry Andorra) qualify for a monster knockout tournament during April and May with the 4 remaining sides qualifying for a promotion. This may or may not be unseeded.

Here's the tricky bit: If a side gets relegated from the Super League to a divisional league, it will be at the expense of 1 (or more should more than one side from the same nation get the drop) of the "promoted sides" from the 2nd domestic tier. I don't know if the Editor will let me do this.

I'm really disappointed that I wont be able to create a world super league structure with all the world's domestic league winners being promoted into it via a playoff competition :(

still, it's not all bad, i'm sure there's hours of fun to be found in the west sussex football league division five central....

Yes it is, and you could do that in previous versions as well.

Not quite sure what you mean when you say "what was meant to be happening but didn't."

I meant what was talked about in the real world about creating a super league, sorry should have made it more clear. i wanted to create a league where all top teams get promoted into the super league. teams like barca, man u, liverpool, milan, bayern, lyon even south american teams if possible.

I'm looking forward to dumping Rangers and Celtic into English League 2 and see how they fare.

Their fans are pretty insistant (the ones that want it to happen) that both of the Old Firm would easily hold their own in the Premier League. I however don't really think it's fair to put both of them automatically into the Premiership on 2 of the existing Premier League teams, especially as The Scottish Premier League is nowhere near the standard of the Prem. Will be interesting to see how they get on.

In the game they deserve to be in the Premiership, as their reputation puts them in the top 10. In my British league on FM09 they usually finish around mid-table, although this season Rangers managed to finish 5th.

I'm looking forward to dumping Rangers and Celtic into English League 2 and see how they fare.

Their fans are pretty insistant (the ones that want it to happen) that both of the Old Firm would easily hold their own in the Premier League. I however don't really think it's fair to put both of them automatically into the Premiership on 2 of the existing Premier League teams, especially as The Scottish Premier League is nowhere near the standard of the Prem. Will be interesting to see how they get on.

In my structure the first level will be EPL, 2nd level championship and 3rd level SPL/SFL div 1.

Thus Rangers and Celtic will begin 2 promotions from the "British Premier League". With 4 prom/relegations they should get there without a hitch, but it remains to be seen how they'll look financially by the time they arrive.

I'll be down in my 10th tier waving at them way beyond the horizon.

Archived