squad numbers, so frustrating...

I know it's nothing MAJOR but ever since I started playing fm09 there has been one feature which has annoyed me consistently, probably because of my obsession for realism.

Preferred numbers were introduced to add MORE realism however every season there's a merry-go-round of squad numbers in AI squads to cater to the 2 or 3 players with "preferred numbers"

When Ronaldo was at United, the second season he would be number 13 because Park wanted 7. Now at United, Rooney has been moved to 13 so Owen can have 10, it's so unrealistic that it frustrates me.

I hope this feature is either fixed or removed for FM10

anyone else find this irritating?

Park wanted number 7?? so they took it away from ronaldo.......weird, even so ronaldo has way higher reputation then park ever will.

Personally I don't bother caring for other teams jerseys, for me the frustrating thing goes when they sign a new player and he's definitely a starter he gets number 45 and sticks with it trough 3-4 seasons while more reasonable numbers like 5-7-9-14 etc are rotting in the reserves for the same time period.

What's the point of having preferred number when the players in the game dont care at all? If it's going to be a feature it should be properly realised, players should get very unhappy if it's important to them or their marketing and maybe they should not sign for you without a guarantee over their squad number.

What's the point of having preferred number when the players in the game dont care at all? If it's going to be a feature it should be properly realised, players should get very unhappy if it's important to them or their marketing and maybe they should not sign for you without a guarantee over their squad number.

A decent point, but slightly exaggerated.

I don't think Ji-Sung Park would have turned down United just because they wouldn't rip the number 7 off Ronaldo's back and give it to him instead.

Archived