Patch Application

I know that when you apply a patch (similar to 9.3) that includes a data update, that the fixes take effect immediately and the data aspect only comes into play if you restart your game.

But, do absolutely all the fixes (competition, GUI, bugs, etc.) take effect without restarting or is it just ME fixes??

I know that when you apply a patch (similar to 9.3) that includes a data update, that the fixes take effect immediately and the data aspect only comes into play if you restart your game.

But, do absolutely all the fixes (competition, GUI, bugs, etc.) take effect without restarting or is it just ME fixes??

It is recommended you start a new game with the patch but all fixes will take effect.

It depends entirely on the nature of the bug as to whether the fix will work immediately, at some later point (i.e. probably the end of the season), or not at all. If it's a competition bug, then the fix will probably kick in next season. If it's something that's already 'broken', it might stay 'broken' unless you start a new game (e.g. if a team had already agreed a stupid co-ownership deal before you patched, that deal would probably stay in place, it wouldn't get fixed).

Thanks very much for the replies :thup: I might be better waiting until the final patch.

These are a few things from the 9.3 changelist, which are examples of what I have in mind. Registration rules in particular and incorrect competition rules, amongst others. If the game has to be restarted for fixes to these then I'd definately wait.

Fixed bug where the game didn't automatically unregister players from German B teams at the start of a new season. If the user didn't do it manually, these players would be restricted to 3 in the first team

Fixed bug where occassionally a player would not become "home-grown" at a club after being there for enough time

Fixed Confederations Cup squad rules

Fixed bug where teams could not submit a full European squad in Febuary if they had selected a lesser number of players earlier in the season

Fixed players not getting cup-tied in the English League Cup

Fixed English League Cup semi-final away goals rule

Fixed wrong play-off format for First Division relegation/promotion play-off

Those kind of things would almost all be fixed at the end of the season. Something like the homegrown player thing would maybe remain broken for players that it currently affects, but would not affect any future players. There's nothing really in that list that would require a restart, as far as I am aware.

Archived