a few questions i need to ask

1. does anyone know the required and reccomended specifications to run this? could you post them here please.

2. on what date do the new lot of regens appear in game after the season?

3. whats the best way to train and develop all youth players with good potential?

ive had a few decent potential players but they never acctually reach thier potential and i end up releasing them. is it training and first team experiance. or is it the training grounds condition? maybe a mixture of all this and expert coaches?

4. whats a good way to get a lot of good coaches to develop all the good regens and youth players i get?

thanks any help and i would be gratefull and by my name im guessing you know i will be using liverpool

1. It says on the back of the box or check the football manager website, sorry I don't have them to hand.

2. It's rougnhly between the 20th and 25th of June, I think it's the 23rd.

3. Best place to find that out is the training forum for training routines. If you mean training or loan then you'll never get a definate answer, personally I prefer to loan them out but players I haven't loaned and have trained are at the same level as players I sent out on loan.

4. World class coaches are probably your best bet, treat them like a player, you wouldn't hire a striker with 5 for shooting so in the same way you wouldn't hire a coach with 5 for attacking etc.

1. On the back of the box, but would recommend a minimum of 2GB RAM in order to run more than a couple of leagues at once.

2. Differs according to the country. Western Europe is end of June/early July, Africa is sometime in Jan. Do a search for regen dates; it's been discussed a lot and someone posted a definitive list.

3. In brief, make sure your youth coaches have 7 stars, give them a mentor as soon as poss (pref before they're 18) and once this is complete and they're showing potential, ship them out on loan to a feeder club or some other lower div team. Tactics and training forum for more detail.

4. See no. 3. You can get tips in the other forum or download training regimes that are already set up.

Liverpool already has some excellent youngsters but you should look at the good player forum for decent ones if you're struggling. There's a whole thread devoted to wonderkids.

Good luck.

thanks for the replys but i recently bought a new pc and i bought this game back on release day and i have now lost the box to it so i cant check. i only ever run the english leagues

league 1 and up

throughout my fm carrer i have perfected each differnt aspect but the developing of youth players is among the only things yet i have not perfected. my fave tho was turning around a 5game no win streak to beat the hell out of everton 7-0 at goodison with a minor tactic tweak.

as for training them i prefer to keep them at the club with my coaches first until they are maybe 18-19. have them mentord by a few of my star players to gain a few techniques and then loan them out to carefully selected clubs where i would think they will get regular first team football as i probably wouldnt be able to offer it to them at that stage.

and on the subject of world class coaches i can never get them to join me really so is there a differnt method to get a good coach? or a way i dont know of to get the world class people to join the might of anfield?

and could someone with the box post the minimum and reccomended system requitrements i havnt had time to check if it runs well on the new pc yet and im not home to test it i would be gratefull if someone would post these and thanks to everyone who replied

Originally posted by Nomis07:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stevie_G_32201:

thanks for the replys but i recently bought a new pc and i bought this game back on release day and i have now lost the box to it so i cant check. i only ever run the english leagues

Link to FM2008 Specs (at bottom of page). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The 'Manager' on the front of the disc looks a right miserable sod.

Originally posted by goodzorr_avfc:

The 'Manager' on the front of the disc looks a right miserable sod.

He's upset that he decided to become a manager rather than a shephard and so forfeited the obligatory delight shephards enjoy with a red sky at night.

Archived