Go on holiday and goals get chalked off

Hi to all, not sure if this has already come up before but I couldn't find anything on it.

So I was playing as Napoli against sampdoria and 5 minutes in Sampdoria scored. Frustrated, I quickly hit 'go on holiday, return after 1 day' and found, upon my return I had won the game 2-0!

Now yes, I did put this down too the goal being dissallowed but I have since done it countless times and it happens all the time! Even when I let the match progress as far as kick off (therefore knowing that the goal has not been dissallowed) before hitting 'go on holiday' it still happens with the oppositions goals being chalked off.

Has anyone else encountered this? Is it a known bug? It's really doing my head in because now I can't help but cheat if it's an important game and I go 1-0 down because it seems, 9/10 times the goal gets chalked off and i go onto win!!

Hi to all, not sure if this has already come up before but I couldn't find anything on it.

So I was playing as Napoli against sampdoria and 5 minutes in Sampdoria scored. Frustrated, I quickly hit 'go on holiday, return after 1 day' and found, upon my return I had won the game 2-0!

Now yes, I did put this down too the goal being dissallowed but I have since done it countless times and it happens all the time! Even when I let the match progress as far as kick off (therefore knowing that the goal has not been dissallowed) before hitting 'go on holiday' it still happens with the oppositions goals being chalked off.

Has anyone else encountered this? Is it a known bug? It's really doing my head in because now I can't help but cheat if it's an important game and I go 1-0 down because it seems, 9/10 times the goal gets chalked off and i go onto win!!

Yeah that's what I thought too DevonSpurs, but it seems to happen way to often, like I said I think about 9/10 times if I conceed and go on holiday the goal against disappears. Also in my 'experiments' with it I have let play continue to the stage where t says 'Napoli kick off' or such like and the game has resumed so the goal has stood in the game.

I'll have a look tonight and see if there is anything in the match reports though. Cheers

Ok, so I've tried it and you obviously can go on holiday now during a game. You didn't used to.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Attempt 1 : 85th min. Ards score to make it Ards 1 Mosside 5.

After returning from holiday the goal stood and the final score was Ards 2 Mosside 5. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Attempt 2 : 78th min. Crusaders score to make it Crusaders 1 Mosside 3.

After returning from holiday the goal stood and the final score was Crusaders 1 Mosside 3. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

I didn't think that you could "go on holiday" at that stage of the game icon_confused.gif.

Maybe it's changed post patch. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ditto. May have been able to escape some thrashings with this. lmao.

Will test it too, for a few games.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

Who the hell are Real London icon_confused.gif? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

AFC Wimbledon, I just changed the name. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DevonSpurs:

Ive noticed this a few times, personally I put it down to the goal being disallowed, if u read the match report after the game, it will explain what happened. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok so I have read the match reports and there is reference to any of these mysterious goals being dissallowed. Someone else must have found this surely I can't be the only person? Hit 'go on holiday, return after one day' as the goal is scored. Happens in my game like sunny days in Jamaica...

I always thought that if you go on holiday during a game, it just re-starts the game with your assman in charge.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it would make sense due to what yur saying, but I suppose the results from Jimbokav and NepentheZ could contest this.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Archy-91:

I always thought that if you go on holiday during a game, it just re-starts the game with your assman in charge.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it would make sense due to what yur saying, but I suppose the results from Jimbokav and NepentheZ could contest this. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yea, I tried it twice more, and the goals both stood.

Ive encountered this before. You are meant to go on holiday as soon as they score. So near as you can to the flashing bar.

I beleive it is down to the skin you are using. I did this on FM08 with Black- In 2 and out of curiousity tried it again with the default skin, it only seemed to work on a custom skin.

Thanks Neji, at least I'm not going insane!! I am using the custom skin so that might explain it. And yeah your right it does seem to be more effective the closer to the goal being scored you are (i.e. flashing bar still up) but i have let it run until the game has resumed just to check that the goal hasn't been disallowed and it still happens.

Strangely it also only ever seems to affect the AI. If i socre and then go on holiday then the goal never 'disappears'. Suppose that's a good thing though......

If you have the mouse on the go on holiday option with no match highlights and just commentary, if you go 1-0 up and then if they equalise as soon as you see them score it will usually remain 1-0 to you. Or if you are drawing and then they score do the same and you will usually draw and not lose. Me and my mate did this a few times in our 2 player game and it works quite alot. Like i said i had it work better with no highlights.

Archived