transfer your FM10 Demo game save ?

Nah, I like to run lots and lots of nations and leagues, and like others I use the demo for trial and error and getting used to the new features. I always like my first "proper" FM save to be a clean slate :)

same demo is always just used to get to grips with all new features and match engine etc

The demo will just be a "quickstart" database and will therefore be limited. The optimisation in FM10 means most people will be able to run larger databases with more leagues/countries selected compared to FM09. IMO Just use the demo to see if you like the game and then start a new save with the full game.

I usually always bring the saved game over to the full game. As I usually always play with Arsenal on the demo to get easier hang of the game, I usually keep going with that on the full game also as I will only be spending time in the one nation anyway. Of course I will be starting up a couple of other new saves when the full game arrives. :)

However I might just change it this year. Upgraded my PC this summer (more memory and dual core) and it runs FM09 smooth now. Might re-start that save with other top leagues running as well to get the European cups/transfers more realistic. I find that running one league, players you sell abroad seem to always return to the league after a season or two, filling up the squads of your rivals. At least it seem to always do so for me. :(

Nope. This year i will used the demo purely to find a good solid tactic and sort out training. I wont be signing or scouting in the demo. I want all of that to come when i start my first full game. I dont want to know in advance who the young stars are.

• 2 weeks later...

when i get the full game i load a large game with 9-12 countries, and start at a random team i think this time. That's a bit easier then building up from unemployed :D

And then my goal is to win the champions league with some team in some country in the end.

I'm planning on installing the full version of windows7 and since this requires my hard drive to be formatted then I won't have a choice but to start again. I should get both FM and Windows7 dropping through my letterbox at about the same day.

Archived