Daft?

A little perhaps but it does happen- Jermain Defoe... Robbie Keane (although Spurs paid less to get him back).

Well, IMO the Robbie Keane situation happened because Benitez thought he was buying a player he could use as a DM. In the screenie that would be an IRL daft situation, but in game is actually quite common. Holiday a game start for five years and then check out van der Vaart, chances are he'll move five times, including two stints at Real, and someone will pay over £40m to use him as a seat warmer.

Well, IMO the Robbie Keane situation happened because Benitez thought he was buying a player he could use as a DM. In the screenie that would be an IRL daft situation, but in game is actually quite common. Holiday a game start for five years and then check out van der Vaart, chances are he'll move five times, including two stints at Real, and someone will pay over £40m to use him as a seat warmer.

Point taken but it DOES happen. Again, I'll cite the case of Jermain Defoe.

Real Madrid use Buy-back clauses which they have used to get Alvaro Negredo, Esteban Granero and Ruben De la Red back.. They also have buy-back clauses on Dani Parejo (sold to Getafe) and Miguel Torres (also sold to Getafe). I think they have it on Alberto Bueno (Sold to Valladolid) too.

I bought Guardardo for a free at the end of his contract at Chelsea, he didn't really break into my side so at the end of the season put him up for sale. Sold him to Chelsea for £30mil, I wasn't complaining.

That's a good piece of business. :thup:

Archived