Which version of FM2008 is the easiest?

Originally posted by Neji:

Isn't the corner bug with the 8.0.2 patch?

I found the newest patch the hardest, 8.0.1 was easier and about the same difficulty as being unpatched.

The corner exploit is irrelevant if you turn off the "Challenge GK" option. If you want to use it and get a virtually-guarenteed 40 goals a season then use it.

When I first got the 802 patch I was very annoyed, as I thought it had broken the match engine by making it far too easy for AI and human managers to score. I kept getting 7-3 and 5-2 results, and even spanking my old club Leeds 8-1. But having tinkered with closing down and other player instructions I think I've cracked it and found it just as easy as other patches.

With 8.0.1 some people found it difficult to score against "super keeper" teams, but when I was having one of "those" games, by the 60th minute I switched tactics and usually scored 1 or 2. So for me, 801 was easier to win on, but 802 is far more enjoyable.

The original out of the box version was the easiest. The closing down was screwed but you could score from all over. If you used the opposition instructions to close down every player from the opposing team you could get your team to close down almost effectively, while the opposition were still happy to watch your players wander past them without closing down or making a challenge.

8.0.1 was then the next easiest as I came up with an excellent 4-1-2-2-1 tactic for that version which worked an absolute treat without exploiting any part of the match engine that I could see.

8.0.2 is probably the most difficult, if you avoid the corner exploit. But I also find 8.0.2 the best and most rewarding version.

Have to agree with chopper99, for me 8.0.2 is the hardest, but also the msot rewarding and enjoyable. I won the CL within 3 season as FC Bayern using my 4-2-3-1 tactic on 8.0.0 and 8.0.1, i'm yet to win it with Bayern or Spurs after 8 seasons in 8.0.2, but that makes for a more enjoyable carreer game IMO.

The corner exploit is irrelevant if you turn off the "Challenge GK" option.

Personally, I use that option though. I shouldn't have to turn it off, thats how I play. Luckily for me, Im playing FM07 so its irrevelent for me anyway icon_cool.gif

What I was pointing out is that Ridley said it was a problem with previous patches, I was just trying to confirm it was the latest patch.

Originally posted by Neji:

What I was pointing out is that Ridley said it was a problem with previous patches, I was just trying to confirm it was the latest patch.

It is indeed only a problem with the latest patch. If anything it was too hard to score corners on 8.0.1.

Archived