New league editor, possible to link leagues from different countires together?

Was wondering if this is going to be possible in the new data editor.

I'm a big Rangers fan and love playing as them but it gets pretty boring in the SPL and is pretty easy to win multiple league titles in a row. Would it be possible in FM10 to make the winners of the SPL get promoted into the Coca-Cola Championship?

Would be great fun and give me a lot more challenge rather than just using the Editor to put Rangers and Celtic in there, would also be nice to see a new Scottish team every season getting added into the English leagues and seeing how they do.

Thanks

• SI Staff

This won't be possible. What would happen to the Scottish leagues if they lost a team each season and where would the teams relegated from the Championship go?

where would the teams relegated from the Championship go?

Quite obviously they would go into the Spanish second division, and before you ask where the teams relegated from the Spanish second division would go... they would go into the South American World Cup qualifying group F.

Seriously though, I've done very similar things with this idea, but it would be extremely complicated to programme the game to be able to cope with such structures automatically so it looks as if we'll have to use an editor to move teams about at the end of the season. Fair enough.

Recoil

Quite obviously they would go into the Spanish second division, and before you ask where the teams relegated from the Spanish second division would go... they would go into the South American World Cup qualifying group F.

Seriously though, I've done very similar things with this idea, but it would be extremely complicated to programme the game to be able to cope with such structures automatically so it looks as if we'll have to use an editor to move teams about at the end of the season. Fair enough.

Recoil

Everyone knows theres only 1 big group in South America ;)

This won't be possible. What would happen to the Scottish leagues if they lost a team each season and where would the teams relegated from the Championship go?

I'm not really interested in doing this myself but if he wanted to couldn't he set it up so that the winners of the scottish league go into the lowest tier of the english league that you have activated and the relegated team goes into the scottish league? Just a quick idea Ter.

Actually I've already planned a British league format along these lines.

Level 1 = EPL

Level 2 = Championship

Level 3 = SPL/SFL Div 1

and so on, down to regional splits at Level 8, 9 and 10.

With 4 promotions and relegations, they English, scottish and Welsh clubs should get mixed up pretty quickly.

Hi, just wondering if in the game it's possible to create a cup competition that contains clubs from Britain only? i'm a big Celtic fan but after a few seasons it gets dry and is no longer a challenge but a cup competition with teams from England, Wales and Northern ireland would be cool if it's possible to create?

That can work , as long as the championships rep is higher than the SPL so players don't feel like they're playing in a lesser competiton.

I've correlated my system with the league reputations in the FM09 database. It gets a bit inconsistent lower down; for example, the Welsh leagues seem higher than they should be. However, I'll be tweaking all that in the FM10 editor anyway. Levels 9 and 10 will both be rep 1.

Actually I've already planned a British league format along these lines.

Level 1 = EPL

Level 2 = Championship

Level 3 = SPL/SFL Div 1

and so on, down to regional splits at Level 8, 9 and 10.

With 4 promotions and relegations, they English, scottish and Welsh clubs should get mixed up pretty quickly.

Initially I'd planned on just renovating the Scottish league system but lateley I've been thinking about greating a UK league system. Much like your idea, except it'd include Northern Irish sides as well. Not really sure how to go about it though. Not from the aspect of assigning teams to leagues and whatnots, my problem lies in this: previously if I put Rangers in an English league, I could only see their fixtures etc if I made them an English team, meaning their youth intakes mostly were English players, despite the club being based in Glasgow. I have no idea if this is a problem when you play as a Welsh side already in the English leagues, but I don't want to edit the league system only to have to make all the sides English!

I know we can create inter-country cups but I don't know if that'd work for a league system, and if it's limited to just two countries.

Ockenbak, I've yet to see exactly how the FM10 editor will work, but last night I started DUMMY-RUN WITH THE fm09 EDITOR. I converted the EPL to a "Highland and Islands Regional Amateur" division to see how awful the likes of Tain Thistle and Lewis United look in 3D. I had to keep the league in England, but the clubs and their grounds are still in Scotland. The AI generated all Scottish local players and I'm sure the regens will be Scottish too.

Archived