New-gen Faces?

I've got a slight problem. :(

For as long as can remember all my new-gen faces have had random patches of silver and blue, obscuring most of the player's face.

I haven't a clue why this is happening, but if anyone could help me fix this it would be great. :)

Do you have a modern video card or is it something that barely scrapes by the minimum requirement?

Not much processing might be needed from the graphics standpoint but an older card might not be compatible fully with the way the faces are rendered.

Sidenote, the faces are why I can never go back to older versions like 07 because for me they add so much in longterm games. One of the most under appreciated features in the game IMO.

No, I've got a pretty new card. This doesn't happen with any of my other games, and it's weird that the only thing on the whole computer that has this problem is the new-gen faces, so I don't think it's a problem with the graphics card.

And yeah, I agree. It's one of the things that brings the new-gens to life, having their own picture, which can change hair styles, and whether they're smiling or frowning depending on their mood.

And what's really strange is that it doesn't happen for all of the new-gen pictures. Granted, about 95% have the patches, but some are fine one minute and patchy the next.

I had this problem with my old laptop

I reported it as a bug numerous times, but it still hasn't been fixed unfortunately. Do you have a laptop with integrated Intel graphics by any chance?

I get this problem too, but only occasionally and it appears / disappears at random intervals. I have a Toshiba laptop with an integrated ATI graphics card. Can't say it bothers me too much, but of course I'd rather it didn't happen!

I had this problem with my old laptop

I reported it as a bug numerous times, but it still hasn't been fixed unfortunately. Do you have a laptop with integrated Intel graphics by any chance?

Nah, I don't use my laptop for games. I must be the only person you doesn't, huh? But it's not that. Hope this face thing is fixed for 2010.

I get this problem too, but only occasionally and it appears / disappears at random intervals. I have a Toshiba laptop with an integrated ATI graphics card. Can't say it bothers me too much, but of course I'd rather it didn't happen!

exactly the same thing happens to me. would be nice for it to be sorted cause generated faces are a nice touch.

i heard almost everyone had it before

Archived