Life span for fm10?

i have owned all previous fm's and despite having little time to play fm09 i still found the life span of the game for me was very short.

with all the leagues and nations to choose from it shouldent be that way, but i find with every version i tend to do around 4 seasons with my beloved q.p.r and a season with a league one side usually my local southend utd or millwall...then thats it

i have all these craves to manage in asia south america, spain, italy, lower league england etc etc however i always always load a new game, sign one or two players get bored, then decide i dont want to play that save after all, start a new game, play a couple of days and decide i dont want to play that save afterall.... it continues on and on,

i think a par of this may be that i can not create a successfull tactic my self and end up downloading one from the tactics forum, maybe the new tactic creator will help but...

i enjoy the game alot and get very envious when i see people having played long succesfull saves, whilst i only get around 4 hours a week playing time, id like to do somnething similiar, does anyone have any idea of how i can keep the game interesting, or suggest ways to expand "my lifespan" of the game

i have owned all previous fm's and despite having little time to play fm09 i still found the life span of the game for me was very short.

with all the leagues and nations to choose from it shouldent be that way, but i find with every version i tend to do around 4 seasons with my beloved q.p.r and a season with a league one side usually my local southend utd or millwall...then thats it

i have all these craves to manage in asia south america, spain, italy, lower league england etc etc however i always always load a new game, sign one or two players get bored, then decide i dont want to play that save after all, start a new game, play a couple of days and decide i dont want to play that save afterall.... it continues on and on,

i think a par of this may be that i can not create a successfull tactic my self and end up downloading one from the tactics forum, maybe the new tactic creator will help but...

i enjoy the game alot and get very envious when i see people having played long succesfull saves, whilst i only get around 4 hours a week playing time, id like to do somnething similiar, does anyone have any idea of how i can keep the game interesting, or suggest ways to expand "my lifespan" of the game

lol i am just like you .. i struggle to go far in the game, but i think it's because my computer is a little slow which leads to boredom extremely fast.:rolleyes:

I was under the impression that the regens for FM09 were as good as FM07's. Have I missed something?

There are one or two small issues - the main one being the under-development of newgen keepers, but nothing to stop you from playing a long-term game. I'm 40 seasons in and going strong..

to those that have played untill 2020 etc, is there any particular way you play, for example, do you play whenever you have spare time and are indoors, do you just pick and and play when you get the chance?

do you play other saves and go back to it?

i only ask as i tend to play most evenings for a week or so, hooked, then dont play for months, will just playing a few hours a week help me sustain a long term game or do you play for 6 hours a night 4/5 times a week etc?

do you create your own tactis etc? do you always sign the same staff and players

i think a big part of it for me is the same players are always listed in teh same country can make it very repetative

i like the idea of this new downloadable leagues etc, especially the J-league, one question for the downloadable leagues people have created, will these not be floored, for example,

J-league - as fm have no rights, will somebody not have to create all the clubs, players and their pa/ca from scratch, same for lower lower league english league etc

ecuse the long post

I'm currently playing my longest ever FM save as I'm in the 2024/25 season, a big reason for that is probably the fact that I got a new laptop this past summer, which has sped up my game considerably and made it a lot more enjoyable. In the past I don't remember playing more than 5 or 6 season, usually with the same club. But in this save I changed my approach, started with a small team in Slovenia and made my way up changing 6 teams in the process, before ending at Celtic and although I'm now dominating with Celtic is not boring at all for some reason.

I tend to play a couple of hours every evening during the week, when I get off work, while doing other stuff like watching tv shows and stuff.

You can't. You can only go 10 levels down.

You can go as far down as you like.

The 10th teir is as far as the game has the clubs in the right leagues and they just need to be activated in the editor. Any further down and you'll have to create the leagues yourself including rules, teams and so on.

J-league - as fm have no rights, will somebody not have to create all the clubs, players and their pa/ca from scratch, same for lower lower league english league etc

There's quite a number of people working on the J-League in the Editor's forum. It will probably be days after the release that you can download a J-League file.

4 seasons!?

God I dont get into the game until then!

For me most of the value is seeing young players come through the ranks and trying to get my local Southend Utd ;) into the premier league. It took my about 7 seasons to do so lol.

Then I love watching players who come into the game as youngsters blossom, I bought one guy from sheff Wednesday as an 18 year old and have watched him play his whole career for me at Southend.

He has scored 500 goals for me (330 league goals) played in over 100 internationals and scored a record breaking 105 international goals.

He is now 33 and still playing for me in a squad rotation system and Im hoping he will join my coaching team at the end of it.

That kind of development is fantastic and only visible in long term games.

Why after 4 seasons you could still be playing Dougie Freedman lol.

my inability to play long term games is due to my specs are not upto it. according to systemrequirementslab this should be able to run fm09 at all but does. barely but i did make 2012 before the time became very slow. ordered a new laptop should be coming friday that will speed things up a hell of a lot ;)

~~Stevie G~~

Archived